Make a Dollar Tree Disney Puzzle Frame (Perfect Disney Vacation Keepsake)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love Dollar Tree Crafts and Disney?
Consider embellishing a picture frame with Disney themed puzzle pieces for a fun craft idea and cute keepsake! The best part is, you can grab all the supplies from Dollar Tree as a frugal DIY project to do with the kids! If you already have some puzzles and extra frames to use for this at home, that’d be even better.
Tips before you start:
- Grab puzzles with smaller faces, so you’ll be able to recognize the character by putting one or two pieces together. (I had some puzzles that didn’t work with a 5×7 frame, because the character’s face was too big in comparison to the scale of puzzle image.)
- I bought two 24-piece puzzles that were the larger-sized pieces for smaller kids. I didn’t use all the pieces, but I picked through the best ones with faces. I think the smaller-sized puzzles pieces would look cute, too!
- If you use this same style plastic frame from Dollar Tree [pictured below] make sure to take the really thin plastic film off. It’s so thin, I didn’t realize and started gluing puzzle pieces to it!
- I grabbed a 5×7 frame expecting to use a 4×6 sized photo. Next time I do this project I would first put my photo in the frame centered, tape it so it doesn’t move, and then glue pieces around my photo. This will help guide you on where to place puzzle pieces on the front of the frame.
DIY Puzzle Piece Picture Frame
- 5×7 free-standing photo frame
- 1 or 2 boxes of puzzles from Dollar Tree (in-store)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- personal photo
1.) Find a character’s face you can feature in one corner. For mine, it was this Mickey. Glue those pieces together, and set aside.
2.) Glue pieces to the front of the frame staying about one inch around the inside of the frame, overlapping. It’s really up to you how to create the design you’re looking for.
Hip Tip: Try gluing the miscellaneous pieces around frame first, then use the ones that have face details last to glue on top, so you’ll be able to see the characters.
3.) Keep gluing until you have the desired fullness. Glue the character face from step 1 to the corner.
What a fun little Disney-themed project!
I added a personal photo from a past Disney vacation and I think that turned out cute.
This could be a fun activity to do over the summer. There are so many different character-themed puzzles at Dollar Tree! I saw different princesses, Minnie Mouse, Paw Patrol, Doc McStuffins, super hero characters, and more in store.
Have fun and enjoy!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! Check out all of Lina’s DIY/CRAFTS and RECIPES created just for Hip2Save.
You think of the coolest ideas!
That’s is so cute! You are very creative!!
Such a cute idea!
Thanks for your sweet comment!
Awesome idea! I’m gonna keep a lookout at DT for Disney story books or flash cards for use in decoupaging.
Dollar Tree’s site also has Disney jumbo playing cards, though it’s unclear whether they are available in store or not: https://www.dollartree.com/Licensed-Characters-Jumbo-Playing-Cards/p355224/index.pro
Great tip! Thanks!
Love this idea for other themes too! You truly inspire me! Thank you!
Thanks so much! ❤️