Create DIY Pumpkin Guts Slime with the Kids This Fall!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Carving pumpkins this year?
Save the leftover pumpkin seeds and guts when carving your Jack-O-Lantern this fall and make some DIY Pumpkin Guts Slime! It’s a fun project to do with the kids, and it really does make some great slime with the pumpkin seeds!
My daughter is still obsessed with making slime, and we had fun experimenting with this creative project.
Easy, messy craft!
Yep, slime can be a little messy, but it’s FUN and pretty easy to clean up. There are probably a few ways to make this slime, and we are using contact solution today. Make sure it contains boric acid and sodium borate so it’ll work as an activator (I used this Blink brand). For an alternative, try using 1/2 cup of liquid starch like Stay-Flo instead of contact solution and baking soda.
DIY Pumpkin Guts Slime
- 6 oz. clear Elmer’s Glue
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds & guts
- 2 tablespoons contact solution like Blink
- In a mixing bowl, combine glue and water.
- Mix in pumpkin seeds/guts.
- Mix in baking soda. Mix in the contact solution as an activator. You’ll notice a slime will form right away and become firm. Keep stirring and manipulating the slime. Add additional contact solution if it’s still too sticky. Eventually, you’ll get a jiggly and fun slime to play with!
What fun, jiggly pumpkin guts slime!
The seeds make it more of a cool sensory experience. We played with ours for a long time and liked the jiggly texture.😃
To store, keep it in the fridge in a covered container for up to a couple days, since it contains fresh pumpkin. Please remind kids it’s NOT actually edible!
Looking for more slime recipe ideas?
- 3 Ingredient Puffy Slime
- DIY Scented Pudding Slime
- DIY Butter Slime
- 2 Ingredient Borax Slime
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.