You Spoke. They Listened: Walgreens Balance Rewards Program Changes Coming in May!
Attention, Walgreens shoppers!
As you may recall, in November 2018, Walgreens changed their Balance Rewards Program so members could no longer redeem more than 5,000 points (a $5 reward) in one transaction. 😕 This was very frustrating for many Walgreens customers as shoppers had saved up points to use on larger purchases.
However, I have good news!
Walgreens has listened to consumers and just made changes to their Balance Rewards Program! Starting May 5th, 2019, shoppers will once again be able to redeem their Balance Rewards Points in three higher tiers, as listed below. This means you can save up your points and redeem them on larger purchases again! 🙌🏻
- 1,000 points = $1 discount
- 2,000 points = $2 discount
- 3,000 points = $3 discount
- 4,000 points = $4 discount
- 5,000 points = $5 discount
- 10,000 points = $10 discount (new – starting 5/5!)
- 20,000 points = $20 discount (new – starting 5/5!)
- 50,000 points = $50 discount (new – starting 5/5!)
Once the new policy takes effect, the maximum amount of redemption dollars that can be redeemed in a single transaction will be 50,000 points, with a 100,000 point limit per day. Also, Balance Rewards Points cannot be redeemed to purchase alcohol, dairy, tobacco, prepaid cards, clinic services, prescriptions, pharmacy items or services, contact lenses, and photo orders not picked up in store.