Check Your Hand Sanitizers for This Lethal Ingredient
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Check your hand sanitizer!
The US Food and Drug Administration has updated their list of hand sanitizers that contain the ingredient methanol which can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested!
There have been many more hand sanitizers added to their previous list. You may want to double check any hand sanitizers you have just to be safe.
Here are just a few of the hand sanitizers to check for. Be sure to scan through the full list here.
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
- Blumen Clear Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC not listed)
- Blumen Clear Instant Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDCs: 60599-015-00, 60599-015-01, 60599-015-02)
If you have purchased any of these hand sanitizers, stop using them and dispose of them in hazardous waste containers – do not flush them down the toilet or pour down a drain.
If you have been been exposed to hand sanitizer containing methanol, seek immediate treatment which is critical for potential reversal of toxic effects of methanol poisoning. You can head here to learn more.