If You Filed a Claim in the Equifax Data Breach Settlement, Your 4 FREE Years of Credit Monitoring Start Now!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Five long years after the Equifax data breach first exposed the personal information of over 140 million people, a settlement has finally arrived for class members. Affected individuals who filed a claim and chose to receive free, three-bureau credit monitoring from Experian can now claim that benefit.
The implementation of the settlement was delayed by appeals, but if you’re one of the qualifying class members, it’s now time to activate your FOUR free years of credit monitoring. Not sure if you qualify? That’s understandable, considering that the deadline to file a claim was over two years ago!
Be sure to check your inbox, as you may have already received a settlement email. Look for a subject line reading Equifax Data Breach Settlement (Credit Monitoring Instructions and Activation Code), with an origin address of email@example.com.
If you received this email, then you’re now eligible for a free four-year membership in Experian IdentityWorks.
To activate your free credit monitoring, you must enroll in Experian IdentityWorks by June 27, 2022. You will not need to provide any payment information to enroll, and you won’t need to cancel the service when it ends.
Your Experian IdentityWorks Membership includes:
- Credit monitoring from each of the three nationwide Consumer Reporting Agencies
- Automated credit alerts regarding new accounts, credit inquiries, address changes, delinquencies, or bankruptcies
- On-demand online access to a copy of your Experian Consumer Report, updated monthly
- Automated non-credit alerts regarding potential ID theft
- Up to $1,000,000 in Identity Theft Insurance
- Customer service assistance
- Full Identity Restoration Service if you’re the victim of fraud or identity theft
- Child Monitoring Services (for class members under the age of eighteen).
To enroll, simply visit the Experian IdentityWorks website by June 27, 2022, and enter the activation number found in your settlement email.
If you have questions or need assistance, class members are urged to call Experian’s customer care team toll-free at 1-877-251-5822 and provide the engagement number B023678.