Starbucks is Eliminating Star Rewards From Grocery Items
Starbucks is ending its grocery rewards program.
Starbucks has announced that it’s ending its grocery receipt verification program on March 31st. For those of you who earned Stars this way, you know that it was a fairly easy method of collecting Stars for your Starbucks Rewards balance.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Starbucks grocery rewards program, it allowed you to earn rewards on qualifying Starbucks products wherever they’re sold, like grocery stores and retailers other than Starbucks cafés.
So if you recently purchased any qualifying grocery items and you still have receipts to scan, you’ll want to get that done sooner rather than later!
After the grocery rewards are phased out, you’ll still be able to buy Starbucks products wherever you get your groceries. They just won’t be eligible to earn Stars.
You can still earn gifts & discounts at cafés as a Starbucks Rewards Member!
Thankfully, you can still earn Stars when you purchase beverages, food, and packaged coffee at participating Starbucks Cafés!
Starbucks Rewards Members now earn 2 stars for every $1 spent using a registered gift card or the Starbucks app. You can then redeem your points at different levels for various items! Not paying with a gift card? You can also earn 1 star for every $1 spent no matter how you pay, simply by scanning the Starbucks app at checkout!
- Redeem 25 Stars – Add an extra shot, flavor, or soy milk to your drink for free (up to $1 off beverage price)
- Redeem 50 Stars – Get any size hot brewed coffee, hot tea, or bakery item for free
- Redeem 150 Stars – Get any handcrafted beverage, parfait, or breakfast item for free
- Redeem 200 Stars – Get a lunch sandwich, salad, or protein box for free
- Redeem 400 Stars – Get packaged coffee or a single merchandise item for free (up to $20 value)
Tired of your usual order? Try one of our favorites from the Starbucks secret menu!