Check Out 7 Toddler Beds to Help Them Sleep On Their Own – Many on Sale Now!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
A new toddler bed could mean less sleepless nights!
Is sleeping in their own bed one of your toddler’s resolutions?
A new toddler bed could be the easy (& inexpensive) change that your family needs to improve everyone’s bedtime routine in the New Year. If your child is between 18 months and 3 years of age and showing the natural signs of wanting a new bed, these beds are usually closer to the ground and may come with guard rails for a safe and smooth transition for your little one.
Here are 10 toddler bed options for every lifestyle:
1. These toddler floor beds make bedtime fun!
- Disney Mickey Mouse Plastic Sleep n’ Play Toddler Bed – $59.98
- Disney Minnie Mouse Plastic Sleep n’ Play Toddler Bed w/ Canopy – $77.98 (regularly $89.99)
- Disney Pixar Lightning McQueen Sleep n’ Play Toddler Bed – $58.99
- Baby Shark Plastic Sleep n’ Play Toddler Bed – $59.98
2. OR transform their entire ‘big boy/ girl’ room in one fell swoop with this toddler room in a box.
Delta Children 5-Piece Toddler Room in a Box Set – 4 character options!
Only $99.99 shipped!
Includes one toddler bed, toy chest, and table with 2 chairs.
3. Got multiple kiddos? Toddler bunk beds stay close to the floor, but come in a twin size they can use for years.
Toddler bunk beds – as low as $285.99 shipped!
HIP TIP: For the best toddler option, consider choosing a bunk bed with the bottom bunk on the floor, guard rails on the top bunk, and a shorter height than typical bunk beds.
4. This Ikea toddler bed converts from 49 to 76″ (twin size).
MINNEN extendable bed frame
Only $119 + free in-store pickup!
“Great idea for 3-year-olds as it can expand to fit the growing child. Very solid construction (mostly metal).”
5. Keep up their bedtime routine wherever you go with a toddler travel bed.
Regalo My Cot Portable Toddler Bed
Only $24.99 (regularly $34.99)!
⭐️ Over 22,400+ 5-star ratings!
This is perfect for kids from 2 to 5 years old. It’s low to the ground, sturdy and you can open and close it with one hand. I bought 4 for my daycare for nap time and sometimes the kids beg me to bring them out so they can watch a movie sitting on their little cots, they love them so much. Nice that it comes with a cover. I’ve been using them daily for weeks. I can open and close them with one hand. Lightweight and sturdy. Thanks so much!!
We have loved using this cot for our 3-year-old. He does really well sleeping in it. It’s sturdy and easily portable. Works perfectly when we are staying in a place we have to share a room. Easily fits along a wall and does not take up a ton of space.
Looking for a slightly cozier option?
Milliard Toddler Folding Floor Cot
Only $139.99 shipped!
This toddler travel bed features padded bumpers on all sides and lies directly on the floor, so there’s no chance of rolling off of a cot or other bed. It also includes a cozy velour sleep mat and comes with a fitted sheet. It easily folds up and has a handle for carrying.
6. A Montessori toddler bed can double as a playhouse for open-ended fun.
South Shore Sweedi Toddler House Bed
As low as $101.23 shipped!
A montessori bed means – “A mattress close to the floor without railings or other devices that might restrict a toddler’s movement.”
And how pretty does it look lit up at night? 😍
I owned this toddler bed for several years! I searched high & low for an affordable wooden house toddler bed and this was the best priced. It arrived on time and in perfect condition, plus it was STURDY! My kids would “accidentally” hang on the middle bar and it never broke. But I love the open concept’ and all three of my kiddos came up with so many different ways to play in this “playhouse”. – Hip Sidekick, Chelsey
7. Want the biggest bang for your buck? This toddler bed converts into two benches + a table!
Dream On Me 3-in-1 Convertible Toddler Bed
As low as $92.75 shipped (regularly $169.99)!
See how it looks converted…
What are the benefits of a toddler bed?
Instead of going straight to a twin-size bed consider these unique benefits of a toddler bed:
- Many toddler beds include guardrails or bumpers to mimic the safety of their crib
- They are lower to the ground for less risk of injury if they roll out of bed
- They’re easier to accommodate in small spaces and leave more room for playing on the floor
- Tons of themed options make transitioning smoother
When to transition to a toddler bed?
If your child is between the ages of 18 months and 3 years and showing signs of wanting a ‘big kid’ bed, they may be ready to transition to a toddler bed. These signs include climbing out of their crib or expressing the desire for a new bed.
There is some debate around toddler beds versus going straight to a twin-size bed. But if you’re a parent, you know there’s likely no ‘negotiating’ with your toddler – or their sleep.
The little extra it may cost to make them feel the most comfortable and get a good night’s rest for their growing bodies, is usually worth it. Plus, you could potentially be using a toddler bed from 18 months to 5 years which is even longer than the lifespan of that $400+ crib you invested in 😉