Create This $7 Christmas Wreath Using a Wire Hanger & Dollar Tree Ornaments!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a stylish yet frugal DIY Christmas wreath that looks fancy!
If your home could use a little holiday cheer, consider making a festive DIY Christmas wreath this year using a wire hanger and plastic ornaments from the Dollar Tree! I spent just $7 making this wreath and love how it turned out.
Easy and frugal DIY Christmas decor is my fav!
Not only is my ornament wreath pretty, but the process was also pretty simple as well! Using a wire hanger is a genius no-cost wreath form as most of us already own one at home. I stopped at Dollar Tree to grab some ornaments and ended up buying 7 sleeves of the pretty gold and silver variety.
This idea is easy to incorporate into your Christmas decor by picking the ball ornaments that best match your style!
Tips for making a DIY Christmas wreath using a wire hanger:
- Plyers will help untwist and twist the ends of the hanger easier. A set of wire cutters also makes it simple to cut the rounded hanger end easier too. If you don’t have these on hand yet, these are great to have for crafting so you’ll likely use them again!
- You can also cut the wire to make a shorter wreath if desired. Say if you don’t have enough ornaments to make a full-sized wreath, one option is to cut the wire hanger a bit shorter.
- I used about 7 sleeves of ornaments from Dollar Tree. Some of them disconnected from their tops and fell off, which is a bummer. It’s helpful to have some hot glue and a glue gun on hand to fix the ornaments that separate. You can of course use shatterproof ball ornaments from other big box stores, that will likely be a bit higher quality.
- I think it would be fun to make an ornament garland instead of a wreath using the same technique. Then you can use it to decorate a dining table or cozy fireplace mantel.
- I added some black and white ribbon I already had on hand from the Holiday Time line found in-store at Walmart, and that part is optional and can be customized to taste.
Dollar Tree Christmas Ornament Wreath Using Wire HangerPrint
- wire hanger
- ball plastic ornaments
This is a piece of decor you’ll be proud to display!
I love the stylish shiny look that a grouping of ball ornaments has altogether. This is such a cute project that’s also fun to complete. Have a craft night in and enjoy!