Recycle Empty Laundry Detergent Containers into DIY Halloween Decorations!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Instead of tossing Tide & Gain laundry pod containers, turn them into cute DIY Halloween decorations!
You can easily turn those bright orange containers into jack-o-lanterns and display them at Halloween using an LED tea light or fairy lights so they will look spooky at night! These plastic containers have the perfect round pumpkin shape.
I even turned a green Gain laundry pod container into a witch with a hat!
These DIY Halloween decorations are fun and inexpensive to make using supplies you may already have on hand! I love how you can group them together, plus these pumpkins will last so much longer than carving real ones.
Tips for DIY Halloween decorations from laundry containers:
- Getting the label off of the empty containers will be the toughest part, but don’t be discouraged! I soaked mine in hot soapy water first, and then the Tide labels actually came off pretty easily.
- That said, the green Gain label was much more difficult to remove. To get that off, I laid it on the counter, applied a mixture of Goo Gone and baking soda, and let it soak. I then scraped it off using a window scraper tool. Not gonna lie, it was tedious! 😂 If you have tips, share them in the comments please.
- Make this DIY even more frugal by saving on your purchase of Tide Pods in the first place! Check out the latest Amazon deals on Tide Pod packs.
- Embellish faces using a black Sharpie marker, or by cutting shapes out of black adhesive vinyl with scissors, or this could be an opportunity to use a vinyl cutting machine like a Cricut Explore if you have one for crafts.
- For inspiration, I just Googled “jack-o-lantern faces” and “witch faces” and then tried my best to copy similar ones. Don’t laugh I am not an artist LOL! This is where you can get creative and have the kids make their own.
DIY Halloween Decorations from Laundry Pod Containers:Print
What a cute Halloween project and smart way to reuse these containers.
This clever DIY craft idea has actually been submitted to us several times by Hip2Save readers and I am so glad I had the chance to try it. Now is the time to start saving them or perhaps let your friends and family know to save them for you if you’re thinking of making fun DIY Halloween decorations from laundry containers!
My Hip teammate Jen tried out this Halloween DIY and here’s what she thought:
“What an easy project! I used everything I already had in my home so it was FREE! Once I got the labels off, I just used a Sharpie and BAM – it was done, and the end result is adorable. I am putting it outside with lights next to my other Halloween decor!”