Make Your Magical Fluffy Unicorn Slime Dreams Come True
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Make slime with the kiddos! 🦄
This colorful and fluffy unicorn slime uses just three main ingredients, and it’s super fun to knead and play with.
This very basic slime uses Elmer’s glue, liquid starch, and shaving cream. Then you divide the slime into a few small bowls and add food coloring and glitter. My daughter calls these shiny cellophane flakes “unicorn skin”, and we used it in white slime for a pretty, iridescent effect.
- Make sure to grab Stay-Flo brand liquid starch as I’ve tried other brands that haven’t worked out.
- This can be a messy craft because of the glitter and food coloring, so protect the surface and clothing. I’d suggest this slime for older kids.
- Apply hand lotion to your hands if the slime is too sticky at first (it’ll soften and become less sticky).
- Keep in mind that once these colors are all mixed together, they’ll have a cool striped effect for a minute, but then will turn into a solid color if you keep kneading – in our case a brownish purple. 🙂
- Slime can be stored in a covered container to make it last several days or even weeks. Just toss if/when it molds or dries out.
- You can find the cute unicorn cake squishy toy pictured throughout the post on Amazon.
DIY Fluffy Unicorn SlimePrint
- 8 oz. Elmer's Glue in white, clear, or glitter variety
- 1 cup shaving cream
- food coloring and glitter for embellishing
- 6 tablespoons liquid starch
What fun unicorn slime!
My daughter is 11 and still into creating slime with her friends and watching all the slime videos online. This is fun for summer break or a unicorn-themed birthday party activity! We made several batches just to create different colors. So cute!
I love that you can really be creative and add all the glitter you want. I wasn’t sure that the gold glitter would turn out, but and that ended up our favorite color!
Check out these fun & easy slime ideas!
- DIY Butter Slime
- DIY Pumpkin Guts Slime
- DIY Scented Pudding Slime
- 2-Ingredient Borax Slime
- DIY Valentine’s Day Crunchy Slime