Hang Photos in Seconds Using These Genius Hooks!
Do you struggle to easily hang photos and art on the wall?
I always dread this part of decorating, but I’m so glad I tried these genius hooks! Before starting a new gallery wall, I asked Collin about the best way to hang photos, and she immediately recommended Gorilla and Monkey Hooks!
The Monkey Hook is one of the most innovative and fun-to-use products we’ve ever discovered!
- Its low profile results in a hook that is only nominally visible and makes only a tiny hole.
- The lightweight, super-strong spring steel enables anyone to hang a picture, mirror, or wall accessory of up to 50 lbs. securely – and in just seconds!
- There are NO tools needed. Just use your hands!
I picked up this handy variety pack from Amazon that comes with:
- TEN original Monkey Hooks for hanging photos and signs weighing up to 20 pounds.
- TEN Gorilla Hooks that can hang heavier items up to 40 pounds.
- TEN Flush Mount hooks for hanging items less than 10 pounds flush to the wall.
What a picture hanging lifesaver!
Puncture the drywall with the long end, twist it around to lock, and insert the rest of hook. Make sure the end of the hanger hook is facing up as shown. Then just hang your picture or sign.
Note: Monkey Hooks are meant to hang items conveniently through drywall between studs in the wall. They will not go through studs.
In all honesty, hanging photos, artwork, or signs is one of my least favorite tasks because I’m not patient with it, but it’s also one of my favorite ways to personalize our space!
Hip Tip: If you’re just hanging one item, then your cell phone can be used in a pinch with lots of free level tool apps available!
If you’re hanging a bunch of photos in a row, like this gallery wall I completed previously in my home, then a Point & Line Laser Level tool is your best friend. We use this helpful tool to point and draw straight lines using chalk to guide where to hang, and then just easily erase lines when done.
PS: I love using IKEA photo frames because they are inexpensive and clean looking when hung in a group!