How I Solved My Peeing Problems & Saved Myself Over $200 Per Year!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Ladies, do you struggle with leaking?
Hey Hip2Savers! It’s Bryn, Collin’s sister, and Hip sidekick! I’m excited to share a little secret with all you ladies which I’ve been using for over a year!
But men, let’s be real, this post doesn’t directly pertain to you so if you found your way here, let me help you get back to all our latest deals for men! For the rest of you ladies who are sticking around, I’m getting super personal and hope to help you deal with the leaking so many of us deal with on a daily basis.
Let’s get right to the point… do you pee or leak when you run, jump, exercise, laugh, or even cough?
If so, I can totally relate as I’ve had these same issues for many years and my peeing problem became even more of an issue after kids and several years after that when I started doing more high-intensity workouts.
Although I’m aware there are surgeries to solve urinary incontinence (which I’m not personally interested in) and I know I can practice regular Kegels to strengthen my bladder, my immediate & short-term solution was to stock up on pads. I’ve purchased so many Always Pads in the last few years, I should own stock in Procter & Gamble. 😉
However, one day it dawned on me that there had to be a better solution than pads – which led to my discovery of Speax Underwear by Thinx (formerly called Icon Undies)!
Nearly 3 years later, I’m here to report I’m still wearing these undies every day when I exercise as they really do work! 🙌
The Speax pee-proof underwear completely replaces pantyliners and pads for light bladder leaks – talk about way more comfortable than a pad too!
Choose from bikini style, thong, hip-hugger, French cut, or high-waist. They can be worn for just a workout or all day long as they hold between 3 and 8 teaspoons depending on the style you choose.
Speax also promises that the lining is anti-microbial and anti-odor so you can stay dry and smell fresh for the entire day.
To clean, just machine wash them in cold water and tumble dry on low or hang them to dry. Just be sure to never iron and avoid bleach or fabric softener.
Here’s why I LOVE my Speax Underwear by Thinx:
- I can ditch pads. This means less waste and lots of savings. I save about $280 per year (hence, the title of this blog post)! Sweet!
- They stay in place. Pads can often shift when running & working out but the lining in these panties does not move since it is anchored within the panties.
- They’re easy to clean. Simply throw them in the washing machine.
- They really do work. I have never experienced any leaking when sporting a pair of these panties! They’re truly game-changing.
- They’re guaranteed. You can try them out for 60 days – if you don’t love them or find you need a different size or style, they’ll process an exchange or complimentary return within 60 days of your first order.
Here are a few things I don’t love about Speax:
- They’re spendy. This underwear is quite a splurge with prices ranging from $28-$39. That said, they far outweigh the costs spent on pads, hence the title of this post!
- They can feel a bit bulky. I own several pairs and when wearing the bikini style for moderate support, it does feel similar to wearing a maxi pad. For this reason, I really prefer the thong style and still get just as much support.
- They’re not super sexy. They would not be my first choice when spending a romantic evening with my hubby. 😊
Check out these raving reviews on Speax Underwear if you’re still not totally sold:
“Since buying my Speax underwear, I’ve been able to work out and not worry about leakage or odor. I’ve been able to laugh with friends without the embarrassment of having to excuse myself to ‘clean’ up. But most importantly, I don’t panic when I have a cough or sneezing attack. Thank you for the regained confidence!” – Sira ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“These are the best undies ever and I find the French cut Speax underwear to actually be pretty sexy! I recently wore them skiing all day and experienced no odor, wetness, or wondering if my ski pants were wet. I already can’t wait to hike, bike, & fish in them too! I’m totally purchasing more!” – Sandra ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“I love the look and feel of the Speax thong undies. I wear them with my yoga pants, dress pants, under dresses you name it. I love the look as well as the fit. They’re so feminine and so functional for their purpose. I’ve bought 2 more pairs since my 1st and I’m planning on buying more soon!” – Lisa ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Check out these cheap Lululemon dupes we found on Amazon!