Turn Lights On/Off From Anywhere Using Smart Light Switches
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Automate your home’s lighting!
Wireless home automation is a hot project currently at my house. My husband is happily coordinating our electronics to work with the Google Home Mini smart speakers we have scattered throughout the house. Hopefully, pretty soon I’ll be able to cook an entire dinner, do laundry, and dishes without leaving my couch! lol
“Hey, Google – turn ON the outside lights!”
We recently replaced two of our light switches that operate our front and backyard lights with these Leviton wifi light switches. The install was easy to do, and the switch connected right away to the Leviton app. I then quickly added it to my Google Home app, so I can now use my phone to turn on/off the lights. I can also use voice commands through our Google Home mini speakers.
Leviton Decora Smart Wi-Fi 15A Universal LED/Incandescent Switch Features:
- Easily replaces existing switches or dimmers (just make sure you have a neutral wire).
- Turns lights or motor loads on/off from anywhere using the free “My Leviton” app.
- Can also be used with Alexa, Nest, and Google smart products.
- You can schedule your lights to come on/off such at sunrise or sunset.
- Engage home or away modes – perfect when on vacation.
- Easy setup and no hub required.
- There are also smart plug-in outlets from Leviton!
At first, I sort of rolled my eyes at the idea of installing “smart” light switches in our home, assuming it was something we didn’t need. But actually, it’s a pretty awesome feature to turn on/off the lights from inside or outside of the house using voice commands (or using my device when we’re away).
These Leviton switches make us want to swap out more of our switches throughout the home! They have worked out great for our needs.