Bacon Broccoli Salad Recipe (Easy Summer Side Dish)
Need a delicious summer side dish?
This bacon broccoli salad is a family favorite recipe from my mother-in-law, and it is always the first side dish to disappear at any family BBQ. It’s full of bright flavors and textures that I think your family will love, too!
Hip Tip: Eating low-carb? I made a keto version of this broccoli bacon salad over on Hip2Keto.com.
What an EASY salad to make!
Since you only need six pieces of bacon for this recipe, I often will quickly make crispy bacon using the air fryer! Then just make a simple sweetened mayo dressing and toss all the ingredients together. We like using raisins, but if they don’t sound appealing, you can use grapes or omit altogether. The sunflower seeds add some nice texture, too.
Here are a few recipe tips when making this bacon broccoli salad:
- I love to use the big 3 lb. bag of fresh broccoli found at Costco and typically priced around $5. It makes the salad delicious AND frugal!
- You can even make this salad a day ahead as it keeps well. In fact, the flavors are almost even better after marinating together.
- Add in more vegetables if you’d like. Shredded carrots, diced bell peppers, cauliflower florets, and cherry tomatoes are all yummy add-in ideas!
- Looking to make this vegan? Skip the bacon and shredded cheese and swap in vegan mayo — yum!
Bacon Broccoli Salad
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
The crunchy broccoli, sweetened dressing, and salty bacon are the perfect combination for this easy and satisfying salad.
- 6 cups of chopped broccoli florets (around 18 oz.)
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
This salad is always a hit!
I love bacon broccoli salad because it’s so simple to make, has a great flavor, and always comes out delicious. The crunch of the broccoli with this sweet dressing and savory bacon is so YUM!
I hope your friends and family enjoy it just as much as mine do!