This Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball Recipe Is The Perfect Football Or Holiday Appetizer!
What could be better than bacon, jalapeno, and cheese?
How about a homemade cheese ball recipe with all of the above?! As we come into football watching season and the holidays, here’s my personal favorite appetizer to whip up that doesn’t take a ton of effort and is so tasty and popular!
It does not disappoint! I love traditional cheese ball recipes with nuts and cheese, but this one is so unique and elevated in my opinion. There is a ton of flavor going on and will disappear in a flash so you may want to make a couple. 😋
This could also be a delicious low carb or keto appetizer if you provide low carb dippers such as celery or pork rinds a couple of ideas!
Some tips on making this bacon jalapeno cheese ball recipe:
- The beauty of cheese ball appetizers is that they are so easy to adapt to taste. If sharp cheese doesn’t sound good maybe choose another favorite shredded cheese!
- Jalapenos without the seeds are far less spicy and taste great in this combo. If you don’t like that taste, you may want to substitute it with chopped bell peppers. I enjoy using my push-down hand chopper to chop jalapenos easily.
- This cheese ball will need some time to set up in the fridge. It’s a great make-ahead option and can be made the day before. Then just set it out on the counter for a bit to soften before serving.
- If we happen to have leftovers, you can scoop them into a covered container and they will last for up to a couple of days.
Hip Tip: A microwave bacon cooker makes it super easy to make your bacon and is very useful for a recipe like this!
Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Creamy cheeseball featuring lots of flavors such as bacon, chopped jalapeno, sharp cheddar, and onion.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, diced, divided
- 6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- crackers for serving
This cheese ball recipe is such a keeper and something I’ve been making for years. The creaminess of the cream cheese is a great background for smoky bacon and chives!
Here’s what my teammate Chelsey thought of this bacon jalapeno cheeseball recipe:
“This recipe was SO easy to make! I’ve never made a cheese ball before but I’ll definitely be making them from now on. It doesn’t take very long to make and I love that you can toss it in the fridge until it’s ready to be eaten, perfect for family gatherings or football games. My husband’s three favorite foods are jalapenos, bacon, and cheese so this was a huge hit at our house!
Plus, I recently grabbed this Nordic Ware Microwave Bacon Cooker, and it makes it super easy to make bacon! Just pop your bacon in the microwave and it’s ready to go, no need to watch it or keep track of it while you’re prepping your other ingredients.”