Baked Brie is the 3-Ingredient Appetizer We All Need Right Now!
Who else LOVES a good 3-ingredient recipe? 🙋♀️
I recently tried baking a wheel of brie with store-bought puff pastry, and I’m here to say that it’s the best thing EVER! If you are a fan of melted cheese, this insanely delicious baked brie puff pastry appetizer is a MUST-TRY idea. The best part is it’s essentially just brie, puff pastry, and fig jam, which makes for an incredibly simple 3 ingredient recipe.
The result is a mouth-watering pairing of savory melted brie and sweet fig jam wrapped in a buttery croissant-like puff pastry that you can dig into and spread over apples, crackers, or crusty bread.
If you ask me, this could be a satisfying meal by itself, or served as a beautiful appetizer that’s perfect for the holidays or even year-round.
Tips for making the BEST baked brie puff pastry appetizer:
- Working with frozen sheets of puff pastry is super easy and affordable. They can usually be found with the frozen desserts at the grocery store. You’ll want your sheet to be defrosted first though so set it out about 20-30 minutes on the counter to prep.
- If you need an idea on what to do with the leftover sheet of puff pastry, I cut mine into squares and wrapped them over hot dogs, and then baked for a fancier yet super easy version of pigs in a blanket that my kids thought was amazing! 😂
- Fig jam goes so well with brie, it’s a match made in heaven, and I love this Divina brand from my grocery store. If you wanted to use a different sweet jam, it would work out too. I think raspberry or apricot would be yummy, or even cranberry sauce could be a great holiday choice.
- This idea can be varied in many different ways. Some other suggested melted brie combinations would be drizzled honey with red chili flakes and fresh thyme, maple syrup and chopped walnuts, and pumpkin butter with pecans! YUM.
- I like to serve baked brie with apple slices and crackers. My very favorite crackers for this and for charcuterie boards are Carr’s water crackers, and this time of year Costco has a large pack of them at a great price to stock up.
- Like the fun rustic tray I have? Mine was a HomeGoods find, but here’s a similar wood slice platter via Target.com!
Baked Brie Puff Pastry
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Savory melted brie and sweet fig jam with buttery puff pastry that you can dig into and spread over apple slices or crackers.
Oh my goodness, this is baked brie heaven!
My family basically inhaled this for lunch one day and it’s so darn good. Even my kids who aren’t necessarily huge brie fans ordinarily actually enjoyed it, too! I think brie that’s melted has a more mellow flavor and pairs beautifully with the sweet fig flavor. Enjoy!
Check out what my teammate Ashley had to say about this melty baked brie appetizer:
“I loved how easy this appetizer was and you can switch the jams or figs out each time to create something different. Our family likes spicy so we used a peppered jelly but I even took it to the next level and added bacon crumbles to the mix. I have made this a few times and I will definitely be making it this holiday season – YUM!”