Make a Bacon & Cheddar Egg Boat as an Easy Breakfast or Dinner!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Turn a chewy loaf of ciabatta bread into a cheesy egg boat to feed the family as a simple yet delicious meal idea.
Ever thought of baking eggs right in a loaf of bread?
Egg boats or egg canoes are such a fun brunch or breakfast idea everyone will love! Plus they are so easy to compile and the ingredients and add-ins can be catered to taste. Make egg boats as breakfast for dinner or as an easy morning meal while on vacation.
The end result is a slice of crusty toasted bread with cheesy soft and fluffy eggs inside. The bacon and everything bagel seasoning adds lots of flavors, and overall this is such a mouthwatering recipe!
Bacon and Cheddar Egg Boats in Bread
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 23 MINUTES
total time: 38 MINUTES
Use a loaf of bread as a crust for a yummy bacon, cheddar, and egg bake.
- 1 large loaf of Ciabatta bread or French bread
- 1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- 4 slices chopped bacon, cooked
- chopped green onion for garnish* optional
Extra tips for making this baked eggs in bread idea:
- I used a loaf of ciabatta bread from the grocery store, however, you can grab French bread or maybe try individual rolls.
- If you don’t have sharp cheddar cheese on hand, try another combination that you’d enjoy. I think Gouda sounds fabulous or parmesan cheese. Some Boursin cheese would be fantastic.
- If you happen to have leftovers they reheat well in the microwave or air fryer.
- You can prep ahead the bacon or other meat like sausage ahead of time to make this process even faster.
This egg bake with bread is such a unique and easy meal!
It doesn’t get much better than cheesy eggs and chewy bread. My family was super impressed with it, and honestly tastes so great. I love that egg bread boats have easy ingredients and don’t take long at all to compile. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Instead of breakfast casseroles, I think we’ll bake a few of these for Easter this year to serve a crowd!