Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Overnight Oats – Easy Make Ahead Breakfast Idea
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love make-ahead overnight oats for breakfast?
I’m a big fan of this easy and convenient blueberry lemon chia seed overnight oats recipe because it’s so delicious and versatile!
In case you haven’t tried them, overnight oats, or soaked oatmeal, is made by soaking old-fashioned oats in milk overnight. It creates a yummy, almost pudding-like breakfast that can be topped with any fresh fruit or desired toppings. I eat mine right out of the fridge, but you can set it out on the counter for a while, or warm it up if desired.
Looks fancy, but it’s so easy to make!
I recently tried a blueberry chia seed overnight oats served parfait style at a fancy brunch restaurant and wanted to re-create it. Turns out it’s super easy to make at home!
The chia seeds add a nice, almost tapioca-like texture when soaked overnight, in addition to added protein. Adding a little lemon zest really brightens the overall taste, too!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Have a large family? You can make multiple batches of overnight oats in a larger bowl and spoon out into cups or smaller bowls to serve. Just use the ratio of about 1/2 cup rolled oats to about 3/4 cup milk, depending on how thick you’d like the consistency.
- I use almond milk, but any milk of your choice will work!
Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Overnight Oats
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
Enjoy these creamy overnights oats in the morning, prepped the night before for a convenient breakfast!
Per Each Serving:
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup, honey, or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- extra blueberries for serving (*if desired)
Tastes like a lemon blueberry muffin!
We really enjoyed this tasty flavor combo and it’s a wonderful addition to our breakfast rotation. I love the no-cook, make-ahead aspect of overnight oats. Hooray for simple, filling, and delicious breakfast options!
Want more Overnight Oats ideas?