(Like the flower… it’s hip, right?! 😉 )
**WARNING** If you are on a diet, please close your eyes and scroll past this recipe.
Welcome to another Cooking with Collin post that features a favorite frugal recipe of mine (or a favorite of a Hip2Save reader). This next recipe I am going to feature is something so delicious and irresistible that you may want to double or even triple the batch! Yes, it is that good!
Today I am going to show you how to make yummy Cream Cheese Squares that literally take about 10 minutes to prepare (and then an agonizing 30 minutes to bake 😉 )…super easy! I promise this recipe won’t disappoint.
Cream Cheese Squares (Source: AllRecipes)
* 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
** Consider adding fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas, apple slices) or jam to make these even more tasty! 😀
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
(2) Press one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan.
(3) In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. I used my Kitchen-Aid mixer for this step… you could also use a hand-held mixer. Spread evenly over the crescent layer.
(4) Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down.
(5) Pour the melted butter over the entire pan. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
(6) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is crisp and golden.