Whip Up Our Easy Cowboy Casserole Crockpot Meal Using Pantry Staples!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Our meat and potatoes Cowboy Casserole Crock Pot Supper is comforting and perfect for busy evenings.
Hooray for another EASY Crock Pot dinner idea!
Try making this delicious Cowboy Casserole Crock Pot Supper for an easy weeknight meal! It’s a simple meat and potatoes type dish that can easily be made in the slow cooker so your family can come home to a warm and comforting meal with very little effort.
The result is a hearty mix of ground beef with soft cheesy potatoes, beans, and corn.
It’s not a fancy dinner by any means, but it is slow cooked and full of delicious flavor and comfort. My kids loved this Cowboy Casserole Crock Pot Dinner and I appreciate an easy meal that can be made with pantry staples. Plus, the black label Ranch beans have a tasty sauce that we enjoy!
Tips for making this Cowboy Casserole Crock Pot meal:
- I used Lipton’s onion soup mix to season the potatoes which makes them so yummy! You may be able to add diced onions and seasonings instead if desired.
- Many readers have also added a packet of Ranch seasoning and loved that taste, as well.
- This slow cooker idea can easily be adapted to suit your family’s taste. For instance, I used Yukon Gold potatoes, Ranch Style beans, and diced tomatoes with jalapeños, but you can use the variety of beans, veggies, and non-spicy tomatoes you have on hand.
- If you’d prefer ground sausage or ground turkey, I think those would work just as well in this Cowboy Casserole Crock Pot dish!
Cowboy Casserole Crock Pot Supper
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 15 MINUTES
A ground beef and potato supper that easily comes together for a convenient and delicious slow cooker meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed (I used Yukon Golds)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 10 oz can Ro-tel diced tomatoes, undrained (pick your preferred heat level)
- 11 oz. can of sweet corn, drained
- 15 oz. can beans (I used Ranch Style), undrained
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Your hungry crew will love this Crock Pot meat and potato dinner!
We enjoyed the delicious melted cheese texture so much. YUM! I think easy weeknight slow cooker meals are such a lifesaver. This one is a winner for sure! It kind of reminds me of the ground beef and potato foil packet meals, except as a big batch in a CrockPot!