Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Made with Basic Pantry Ingredients!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you struggle with the inevitable “What’s for dinner?” question like me each evening, try making this delicious and easy Chicken & Black Bean Chili in your slow cooker. This recipe primarily focuses on common and inexpensive pantry ingredients you’ll likely have on hand. Plus, it’s a true one-step meal prep recipe to cheer about! 🙌
Meal planning procrastinators unite!
This is a perfect idea if you don’t have a plan and want to throw something in the slow cooker! We’re talking minimal effort needed for this idea – these kinds of recipes are the best, especially when they turn out soooo delicious! My favorite slow cooker meals are soups and chili, and this one is a winner!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- I used chicken thighs, but you can use breast meat if preferred. In a pinch you could always skip the meat, or use canned chicken instead.
- Add a hot sauce like Tabasco if desired, or chopped jalapenos. Since I’m making this for my kids I skipped that part, but I’m sure it’d be yummy.
- I seasoned using a packet of onion soup mix for additional flavor, and it was YUM. Plus, I have one child who can spot a piece of diced fresh onion a mile away, so this is a good alternative! 🙂
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Black Bean Chili
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 10 MINUTES
Prepare this simple meat and bean chili in just a few minutes using your slow cooker and a few pantry staples!
- 1.5 raw pounds chicken thigh meat, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 oz. can green chiles
- 15.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed, & drained
- 11 oz. can of sweet corn, undrained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, from the jar
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro (optional topping)
Slow cooker success!
This is definitely a convenient and comforting chili idea that tastes delicious. If you need a quick family meal, try this one as mine sure enjoyed it.
I love versatile soups like this because you can definitely customize it to taste and cater to what’s in your pantry.