Love Easy Weeknight CrockPot Meals? Try Cowboy Supper Using Pantry Staples!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Our meat and potatoes slow cooker cowboy supper is comforting and perfect for busy evenings.
Hooray for another EASY dinner idea!
Try making this delicious slow cooker Cowboy Supper for an easy weeknight meal! It’s a simple meat and potatoes type dish that can easily be made in the slow cooker so your family can come home to a warm and comforting meal with very little effort.
The result is a hearty mix of ground beef with soft cheesy potatoes, beans, and corn.
It’s not a fancy dinner by any means, but full of delicious flavor and comfort. My kids loved this, and I appreciate an easy meal with pantry staples. The black label Ranch beans have a tasty sauce that we enjoy.
Tips for making this cowboy supper as an easy weeknight CrockPot meal:
- I used Lipton’s onion soup mix to season the potatoes which makes them so yummy! You may be able to add diced onions and seasonings instead if desired.
- Many readers have also added a packet of Ranch seasoning and loved that taste as well.
- This slow cooker idea can easily be adapted to suit your family’s taste. For instance, I used Yukon Gold potatoes, Ranch Style beans, and diced tomatoes with jalapenos, but you can use the type of beans, veggies, and non-spicy tomatoes you have on hand.
- If you’d prefer ground sausage or ground turkey, I think those would work just as well in this dish!
Slow Cooker Cowboy Supper
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 15 MINUTES
A ground beef and potato supper that easily comes together for a convenient and delicious slow cooker meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed (I used Yukon Golds)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 10 oz can Ro-tel diced tomatoes, undrained (pick your preferred heat level)
- 11 oz. can of sweet corn, drained
- 15 oz. can beans (I used Ranch Style), undrained
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Your hungry crew will love this meat and potato dinner!
We enjoyed the delicious melted cheese texture so much. YUM! I think easy weeknight slow cooker meals are such a lifesaver. This one is a winner for sure! It kind of reminds me of the ground beef and potato foil packet meals, except as a big batch in a CrockPot!