Ever baked homemade dogs treats?🐾🐶
Try this easy and yummy recipe that will get two paws up from your fur baby for sure!
Making dog biscuits is actually super easy, economical compared to store bought, and can have health benefits as you can control exactly what’s in them. This is the basic recipe I use, and you can adapt it to use other doggy friendly puree fruits or veggies if desired. Pumpkin is a great option because it’s high in fiber, and contains potassium, iron, and vitamin A, among other ingredients.
Homemade dog treats can also be a really cute homemade gift idea to give during the holidays! It’s a fun project for the kids to get involved with too.
I’ve also designed a couple of FREE printable Christmas tags. Just add some treats to a jar or bag and include these gift tags for your doggy pals. And actually you could pair these tags with pretty much any dog related gift!
Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats
Adapted from allrecipes.com
2 and 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 TBSP Peanut Butter
3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 TBSP water
3.5 inch Bone Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Mix all ingredients together in a bow until dough can be formed. Add more water in small increments if needed.
- Roll out dough on a well floured surface about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out shapes and place on a cookie sheet.
- Make dots in the middle of each bone by pressing down with the end of a fork, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-16 minutes until slightly browned.
- Let cool and store in a covered jar or container for up to 2 weeks. makes 90 treats
Note: Make sure your peanut butter doesn’t contain the artificial sweetener Xylitol because it’s poisonous to dogs. Click here for a helpful list of human foods to avoid with dogs.
Our puppy loves these, and we enjoy spoiling him! They look and feel exactly like store bought, and are very fun to make.
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.