These Gooey Chocolate Coconut Magic Cookie Bars Are Perfection!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It’s never too early to start dreaming of holiday baking!
I recently baked these insanely delicious chewy coconut chocolate dessert bars called Magic Cookie Bars, and they gave me some serious holiday baking vibes! That said, there’s no reason not to make homemade Magic Cookie Bars year round!
This layered dessert made my home smell amazing, and I LOVE easy recipes like this one that uses a handful of simple pantry ingredients.
A can of sweetened condensed milk makes this recipe extra special and MAGIC.
I love how it caramelized over the graham cracker crust and melts with the chocolate chips, caramel chips, coconut flakes, and pecans to form a deliciously gooey and ADDICTIVE bar. Magic Cookie Bars are not a new recipe. In fact, they are sometimes called 7 Layer Bars, or Hello Dolly bars, and trust me, they won’t disappoint and are so fun to bake with the family!
A couple of recipe tips to keep in mind when baking Magic Cookie Bars:
- This recipe is so versatile! You can use all chocolate baking chips or make variations with other flavors! I did half chocolate, half caramel baking chips (it was awesome!), and next time I’d like to experiment by using peanut butter chips, butterscotch baking chips, or maybe some M&M’s candy for other variations. YUM!
- The chopped nuts can easily be left out, but man are they GOOD in these bars! You could also consider just using nuts on half if you have eaters who prefer desserts without them.
Magic Cookie Bars
yield: 30 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Layers of chocolate & caramel baking chips with coconut and pecans on top of a graham cracker crust.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
These gooey Magic Cookie Bars were a total hit at my house!
I wasn’t sure my family would totally all love them because of the nuts and coconut, but they definitely did! They are so soft and chewy and I loved the sweet taste and texture combos here. If you’re looking for something unique to bake other than chocolate chip cookies, give these easy bars a try!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say about these Magic Cookie Bars:
“These turned out so great! They remind me of a bar my grandma used to make every year for our Christmas Eve party. What a wonderful, rich treat! The kids love these as much as I do, and two of them claim to not like coconut lol. I wasn’t able to find caramel chips, so I used butterscotch and they worked out wonderfully!”
Love coconut? Bake these Easy Almond Joy brownies next!