Skip the Drive-Thru w/ Our Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Enjoy this McDonald’s Shamrock Shake recipe without ever having to leave your house!
Looking for a delicious St. Patrick’s Day dessert?
Then you’ve gotta try this easy DIY McDonald’s Shamrock Shake recipe! This shake is now available at McDonald’s, but why not make it yourself? Grab your favorite vanilla ice cream and some mint extract and let’s whip up a fast milkshake using your blender!
This copycat McDonald’s mint shake is just as great, in our opinion, as the popular drive-thru version and you can affordably make them at home for the entire family!
Easy Copycat McDonald's Shamrock Shake Recipe
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Creamy mint shake that is perfect for a yummy treat on St. Patrick's Day.
Hip tips for making this copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake recipe:
- Start with only a couple of drops of peppermint extract, because it’s powerful stuff! I’d use 1/4 teaspoon or less according to taste. If you prefer pure mint, that is fine to use as well.
- If you’re eating low-carb, make sure to check out our Keto McDonald’s Shamrock shake on Hip2Keto.com. With just 3.1g net carbs per serving, this copycat is a creamy, minty, and indulgent treat that the whole family can enjoy!
- To make things extra festive, consider picking up some green food coloring, shamrock sprinkles, and some fun green and white straws!
- Curious about my stainless steel ice cream scoop? It’s no longer sold on Amazon, but here is a similar heavy-duty ergonomic ice cream scoop like ours.
- In the mood for a cocktail? Make this a boozy copycat Shamrock Shake for those 21+ by adding a shot of vanilla vodka and Crème de menthe.
- You can even add some Lucky Charms Marshmallows for an extra festive touch!
This creamy, homemade McDonald’s Shamrock Shake is perfection!
Homemade McDonald’s mint shakes are the best. I loved making this copycat Shamrock Shake recipe at home with my kids! It has actually turned into a fun tradition for us over the years, and my kids ask about making this McDonald’s Shamrock Shake recipe every year.
With this recipe, you don’t need to wait for springtime to enjoy the minty goodness of a Shamrock Shake. You can make this McDonald’s mint shake any time of year!
With a little tweaking, this copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake recipe would be perfect for the holiday season too. Consider swapping out the green food coloring for red, or skip it altogether and mix in crushed candy cane pieces or finely chopped chocolate chips for a fun seasonal twist.
Want another festive idea? Try these cute and easy Shamrock Pretzels!