This Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Tastes Better Than Starbucks (& It’s Cheaper!)
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Try this pumpkin spice latte recipe at home.
Starbucks fans – make this easy Pumpkin Spice Latte at home!
Starbucks has officially released its infamous PSL (pumpkin spice latte), but wouldn’t it be nice to enjoy the seasonal splendor without having to leave the house of pay over $5? 🤔 Whip up your own DIY version using real pumpkin purée whenever the mood hits.
This easy drink recipe is so simple to make, and it rivals any coffee shop. Not only that, but it’s so much cheaper to make your own at home, too!
Pumpkin spice is life… but actual pumpkin is better!
Unlike traditional pumpkin spice lattes, our version uses real pumpkin purée to get your fall flavor fix. I promise this will taste even better than using syrup! Plus, it’s super easy to melt the purée with a little pumpkin pie spice along with your favorite type of milk.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
yield: 2 SERVINGS
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
All the seasonal flavors of pumpkin spice in a warm, smooth latte.
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (or more if you like yours really sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- whipped cream & extra pumpkin spice (topping)
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect pumpkin spice latte at home:
- Don’t have a milk frother to make lattes? No problem! I actually used my immersion hand blender to froth my latte, and it worked out great!
- For an iced latte, freeze coffee in an ice cube tray and add it to your drink. As the ice melts, the coffee flavor intensifies!
- Not sure what to do with your leftover pumpkin purée? Use it to make any of our favorite pumpkin recipes!
You’ll love this version a latte!
Feel free to top your latte with some whipped cream and a little more pumpkin spice if desired. SO YUMMY! I love that this DIY version of the pumpkin spice latte has an authentic and rich pumpkin flavor with a touch of sweetness.
This fall, treat yourself to this easy homemade PSL that’s both creamy and delicious.
Eating low carb? Check out the keto version of this pumpkin spice latte on Hip2Keto!