Make Ranch Chex Mix as a Homemade Snack!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Your family will love snacking on this buttery savory ranch Chex mix that’s easy to bake in the oven using cereal and crackers.
It’s snack time! Let’s get our crunch on with this salty savory idea.
If you have fond memories associated with making homemade original Check mix, try making it with ranch seasoning! Chex mix is the best DIY snack as you can choose your favorite cereals, crackers, pretzels, and nuts for add-ins to customize the experience.
I love this combination of cheesy crunchy crackers and cereal. Baking it in the oven with melted butter and Worcestershire sauce is perfection. It results in a satisfying midday snack with lots of yummy flavor.
Ranch Chex Mix
yield: 24 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 60 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
Crunchy party mix made with butter and ranch seasoning.
Tips for making ranch Chex mix:
- There are three flavors of Chex cereal to use: corn, rice, and wheat. You can use all three or just a couple to equal about 8 cups in total.
- Feel free to decrease the Chex cereal and increase the add-ins. Next time I’d love to try adding some mixed nuts. You could also use another cereal like plain Cheerios. I prefer pretzel crisps instead of pretzels and the parmesan Whisps add great flavor. You can always pick your favorite add-ins instead!
- Add in half the butter mix and toss, and then add in the other half. This helps get the butter distributed evenly.
- I have an extra large sheet pan, but you can always use two smaller sheet pans instead.
- Chex mix is best when served within a few days. It can be stored it in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Ranch snack mix is something my family LOVED!
I had this ready for a quick after-school snack for my teenagers recently and they were impressed and excited to try. I love it’s this was super easy to make and it makes your house smell so good! Whether you’re making Chex mix for a movie snack, or for your next party, you’ll love this tasty ranch version!
What do you love to add to your homemade Chex party mix?