Stop Everything and Make This Reese’s Peanut Butter Ball
Need a unique party dessert?
Everyone knows turning a bar of cream cheese into a savory cheese ball is a fantastic dip idea. Consider creating a Reese’s Pieces dessert version of a cheese ball using peanut butter as a fun twist that’s perfect for parties or any occasion. It’s super easy to make, yet looks so fancy, and makes such a yummy treat!
The peanut butter chocolate combination is so irresistible and can be made year-round, but it’s also a clever idea to use up any leftover Halloween candy. I’m sure there are some lingering pieces around your house just waiting to be transformed into a showstopping dessert!
A few recipe tips when making a Reese’s peanut butter ball:
- Don’t have Reese’s pieces candy? You could always use M&M’s candy instead, and festive colors would be fun for different holidays, like the red and green ones. You could also roll the ball in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips instead as another option.
- Get creative with dippers. I broke apart pieces of ice cream waffle bowls, and served up graham cracker dippers. You could use graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafer cookies, or even apple slices would be yummy!
- This is a great dessert to prep ahead of time. Make the peanut butter ball a day ahead of time and keep it wrapped in the fridge, then simply coat in the Reese’s Pieces before setting it out to serve.
Reese's Peanut Butter Ball
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
This dessert version of a cheese ball with peanut butter candy will be a giant hit for any occasion or party!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces candy
- graham cracker sticks and waffle bowl pieces for dipping
Truth: You’ll love this treat to pieces, I promise!
In fact, it’s a little hard to stop eating this peanut butter chocolate goodness. LOL! I think it tastes similar to peanut butter cookie dough or peanut butter cheesecake without all the effort. It’s a fun activity to have the kids help decorate.
What a beautiful looking dessert cheese ball. Enjoy!
Love Popcorn? Make Twix Caramel Popcorn as a Treat!