Use Frozen Bread Dough to Bake Gooey Cinnamon Rolls!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This delicious & easy cinnamon roll recipe has a genius shortcut for cutting down your hands-on time in the kitchen for breakfast.
Love homemade cinnamon rolls, but not a fan of the work involved!?
I enjoy making homemade cinnamon rolls, but the first part of making a yeast dough can be a little time-consuming. Consider utilizing frozen bread dough as a genius starter to bake mouth-watering cinnamon rolls at home!
These turn out AWESOME and are a crowd-pleaser for sure! Ever since my sister-in-law made these for a family gathering, this is how I make cinnamon rolls and they turn out mouthwatering and delicious each time.
This is such a great semi-homemade method.
After your dough thaws out overnight you can go just right into the steps of rolling the dough up with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. There is a little bit of rise time before going into the oven, but this is very easy!
In case you haven’t tried Rhodes frozen bread dough, it tastes so much like homemade white bread and is a great starter for cinnamon rolls. I also made a quick cream cheese glaze for the top, but you could use a different icing if desired. This is a great basic recipe that you can easily add to if your family prefers nuts and/or raisins etc.
Cinnamon Rolls from Frozen Bread Dough
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 35 MINUTES
Delicious easy cinnamon roll recipe with frozen dough bread is quick and tasty! Adapted from allrecipes.com
For the rolls:
- frozen bread loaf, defrosted (such as Rhodes)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream *optional
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, or more as needed
- dash of vanilla extract
Extra tips for baking this easy cinnamon roll recipe:
- The bit of added whipping cream before baking is optional, but it makes them extra delicious and helps them not dry out at all. It’s a great addition in my opinion.
- Be sure you leave enough time for your loaf of bread to thaw. There are instructions on the bag. I typically throw mine in the fridge the night before in a loaf pan. In the morning, I’ll let it continue to rise a bit on the counter before starting this recipe.
- For an even faster idea, check out how I make frozen Rhodes cinnamon rolls by also adding cream to them before baking!
These fluffy cinnamon rolls are so delicious and will disappear fast!
I’ve made them so many times eventually you can just estimate the amounts of sugar, butter, etc, and just measure with your heart. We make them for special occasion brunches, holidays, and sometimes even for tailgating morning games.
I do know that Rhodes now has frozen cinnamon rolls you can just throw in the oven, but I encourage you to give this method a try!