Sausage, Green Beans, and Potatoes | Easy One-Pot Meal Idea
Need a comforting dinner idea that’s just as easy as it is delicious?
Simple, affordable dinner ideas that’ll feed a hungry crew on busy evenings are my favorite! Get a warm and comforting meal on the table in a snap with this yummy sausage and potato dish. It has a buttery broth and the sausage seasons the potatoes and green beans nicely.
- Season this meal as desired. The sausage adds lots of nice flavors, but you can turn it up a notch using garlic and cajun seasoning like I did (or any other savory herb seasonings your family enjoys). It’s easy to adjust to taste.
- I’ve made sausage, green beans, and potatoes using the Instant Pot as well and it works great, too! Simply place all ingredients including 3/4 cup of chicken broth in the pot. Set the cooking time on HIGH or MANUAL for 3 minutes, followed by a quick release. Easy Peasy!
- Use the type of potato your family enjoys. I have used reds, russet, Yukon, and baby potatoes. They are all YUM!
- You can use canned green beans or fresh ones. If using canned, you would just need to throw them in at the end to warm up.
One-Pot Sausage Green Beans and Potatoes
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
A flavorful stew-like meal filled with sausage, fresh green beans, and potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds red potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 oz. packaged smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
We love this quick meal idea!
This is one of my husband’s childhood favorite dinners and I know it’s popular in the midwest where he is from. I love that it’s versatile, affordable, so warm and comforting, and is incredibly simple to prepare.
The best part is you’ll only have one pot to wash after dinner—yippee!