Savory Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Warm up with a delicious and comforting bowl of soup!
You’ve got to try this savory butternut squash soup recipe my family is currently in love with! It definitely tastes gourmet, but it’s simple enough for a busy weeknight. Using a bag of fresh pre-cut butternut squash and an immersion blender are two ways to cut down the prep time.
Savory Butternut Squash Soup
yield: 6 SERVINGS
- 2 small or 1 large butternut squash (about 3.5 lbs.), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes (or 20oz. bag of fresh pre-chopped squash)
- 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 sage leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, plus a little more for serving
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled. (*optional for topping)
Make this soup ASAP!
This is the BEST soup I’ve made in a long time!! I’m not a fan of sweet-tasting butternut squash soup, so this savory version with lots of sage and onion is perfect. We paired it with a nice salad and what a yummy meal! Enjoy!
Ps. I’ve really enjoyed this and other recipes I’ve made from the Cravings cookbook I bought this year, and it would make a fantastic Christmas gift for anyone who likes to cook!