Truth: This Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo is the BEST Pasta Dish I’ve Made in a While
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love homemade fettuccine alfredo?
Try this delicious and savory pumpkin alfredo version that’s yummy, easy comfort food, and something the entire family will hopefully enjoy. Cheesy alfredo sauce is something my kids love to eat at restaurants, and it’s actually very easy to prepare at home.
This version was a big hit at my house, and I’m excited for you all to try it, too!
I realize that pumpkin puree is most often associated with sweet dishes, but it also pairs so well with the savory sage and garlic flavors in this sauce. You can serve it up as written for an outstanding creamy noodle side dish or perhaps add a protein like grilled chicken and maybe some veggies for a yummy main dish.
Hip tips for making the best pumpkin fettuccine alfredo:
- Don’t skip the fresh sage! I think it gives this dish the most amazing savory flavor. It tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant!
- Want to keep things low carb or keto? Nix the fettuccine noodles and use zucchini noodles instead. Everything in the sauce is keto-friendly! For more keto recipes, visit our other site Hip2Keto.com.
- Reserve a cup of the pasta water. If the sauce becomes too thick after adding the noodles, just add a little of the water back at a time.
Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
This pumpkin fettuccine dish features a creamy rich sauce with savory sage and garlic flavors - perfect for fall!
- 1 pound dry fettuccine noodles
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- additional chopped sage & Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
Truth: This is the BEST pasta dish I’ve made in a while!
The sauce is rich, creamy, and SO GOOD! The freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, cream, and everything mixed together with the pumpkin work so well. If you try it, let me know your thoughts.