Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna Recipe
Did you know you can make lasagna in your slow cooker and it comes out fabulous!? And, I promise you won’t even miss the meat in this yummy vegetable lasagna. This dish has tons of flavor, simple ingredients, and it’s packed with fresh hearty veggies. This is a perfect meal for the summer if you want to avoid heating up your kitchen with the oven.
Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna
yield: 8 SERVINGS
- 24 oz. jar plus one cup tomato pasta sauce
- 9 long lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups chopped veggies (I used mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and spinach)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 oz. container Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese - reserve 1/4 cup for very top (I used a mozzarella and parmesan mix)
- 1 egg
Notes: I’ve made this meal a few times now and one jar of pasta sauce isn’t enough and one and a half is a little too saucy. My family absolutely loves this recipe! The veggies taste fantastic and it’s amazing how the noodles cook perfectly in the slow cooker! I love that you can use whatever combination of vegetables your family likes and that you have on hand. It makes great leftovers too. Enjoy!