Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes (Fun April Fool’s Day Dessert Idea)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
April Fool’s Day is just around the corner, so here is a fun idea to “fool” the kids!
These cute treats look so much like spaghetti and meatballs, but they are actually yummy cupcakes! These cupcakes are simple to make – or, if you prefer, consider making an entire round cake disguised as a bowl of spaghetti!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- The “meatballs” in these cupcakes are Fererro Rocher brand chocolates, and look so realistic! They do have hazelnut, so if you need a nut-free option maybe consider rolling rice crispy treats into balls, or perhaps use chocolate donut holes.
- You’ll need a “sauce” for the meatballs, and strawberry jam looks super realistic for it. Really any type of strawberry topping would work.
Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes
yield: 24 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Create this fun cupcake recipe for April Fool's Day!
- 9 oz. white cake mix box
- Ceam cheese or vanilla frosting 16 oz
- 3 drops of yellow food coloring
- 3/4 cup low-sugar strawberry preserves (low-sugar has the best color)
- 24 hazelnut chocolates, unwrapped (I used Ferrero Rocher but you could use anything that resembles a meatball)
- 2 tablespoons grated white chocolate
These cupcakes are always such a hit!
These cupcakes really made my kids laugh – I loved watching their faces as they tried to figure out what they were actually eating. Really, it’s a harmless, fun way to put a little fun into normal cupcakes. These would be terrific for a birthday, too, or for any time you need a cool, inventive dessert to bring. Enjoy! 🙂
Do you make or do something fun for April Fool’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!