Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Homemade Pear Dressing
Here’s a simple yet amazing spinach salad side dish for the summer!
This salad features fresh pears, pecans, dried cherries, creamy goat cheese, and a homemade pear vinaigrette drizzled over fresh spinach. If you are a salad enthusiast like me, pear spinach salad checks every box for flavor, texture, and crunch!
I have never regretted taking a little extra time to make a satisfying salad and this one is worth it! This is perfect for entertaining or something delicious to take to a BBQ.
The result is a salad that is both gorgeous to look at, and is as equally delicious to eat! It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors and the goat cheese adds a unique creamy texture that you’re gonna love.
Tips for making the best pear spinach salad:
- If fresh spinach isn’t your favorite, definitely consider adding in some of your favorite greens and lettuces such as romaine and arugula. Using a mix of both would be delicious!
- Start by tossing the salad with about 3/4 of the salad dressing, and then add from there. It’s easy to add more of the dressing in based on your preference.
- When picking fresh pears, use your favorite variety, but make sure they are ripe to ensure maximum sweetness. I used a mix of Bosc and Anjou pears.
- Make-ahead tip: You can compile this salad ahead of time and keep the dressing separate in a jar with a lid. Then right before serving, shake up the dressing and toss it with the salad.
Pear Spinach Salad
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Here's an elegant salad featuring thinly sliced pears, spinach, goat cheese, and pecans. The pear dressing is easy to whip up in the blender!
For the salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 pear, peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pinch of pepper
For the salad:
You’ll love this “fancy” restaurant-worthy pear spinach salad! 😋
It really tastes as if it came from a fancy cafe. Making homemade salad dressing is super easy to do and I love that you can adjust anything according to taste. You could also make this salad a full meal by adding some grilled chicken or other protein. Yum!
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say about my pear spinach salad:
“This was so easy to throw together and the goat cheese made it so creamy and delicious. I think my favorite flavor combo in the world is goat cheese and cherries, and this recipe takes it to a whole new level! The fresh pear in the dressing and sliced in the salad is genius. The pecans + goat cheese + cherries + the dressing are such a great combination of flavors. I love them all mixed into the fresh spinach, and will absolutely make this again!”