Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Recipe | Easy Skillet Meal Idea
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Add this creamy sun-dried tomato chicken dish to your meal rotation as an easy chicken recipe that’s a change up from the usual chicken dishes.
If you’re looking for a unique yet simple skillet meal, listen up!
This flavorful chicken recipe with creamy parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomato sauce is a main dish idea the whole family will enjoy. It’s honestly one of the best things I’ve made lately, so I am excited for you all to make it, too!
Sometimes I can get in a rut where I make the same three chicken recipes (anyone else? 🙋♀️). This easy skillet chicken tastes fantastic and oozes comfort food vibes. Your efforts will result in tender pieces of chicken with a drool-worthy Italian seasoned sauce with cream and basil.
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Skillet Meal
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Skillet-cooked chicken with a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce that's an easy change up from your typical chicken dinner.
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bullion, chicken flavor
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- garnish: 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
Tips for making the best sun-dried tomato chicken skillet recipe:
- If you can’t find thin chicken cutlets at the store, cut 2 thick chicken breasts in half lengthwise. This is what I did and it worked out well for this recipe.
- Using an instant-read thermometer to cook the chicken to 165 will ensure it’s not overcooked or undercooked.
- Be sure to grab the sun-dried tomatoes in a jar, as they are already tender and you’ll use a little bit of the oil to cook the chicken
- This recipe will easily make 4 servings. I think if you use an extra-large skillet doubling this recipe would work out for a larger family. You could cook your chicken in two batches and then make the sauce.
- Leftovers warmed up are even better the next day as the sauce is so delicious. 😋
This sun-dried tomato chicken dish tastes so fancy!
I love the elevated taste of the sun-dried tomatoes and the sauce is over-the-top delish. Make sure to spoon it over the chicken breasts as it really makes this meal extra special. Serve this over rice and add some steamed broccoli as an idea for a complete meal that’s satisfying and is honestly pretty impressive!
Here’s what my sidekick Emily has to say about this sun-dried tomato chicken recipe:
“If you’re looking for a way to level up your typical chicken dinner, this sun-dried tomato chicken recipe is the way to go! You cook the chicken in the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes. Brilliant! It adds so much flavor. The creamy sauce is bursting with flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, and parmesan. We served ours with cauliflower rice and I’ll definitely be making it again!”