Vegetarian Pasta Fagioli (Meatless Monday Series)
If you’re a fan of this famous Olive Garden soup, take note of this yummy and flavorful meatless version. It’s a great way to feed a crowd on a budget and something you can compile and keep warm in a slow cooker. The combo of sautéed veggies, broth, pasta, beans, and diced tomatoes make for a filling and easy to throw together meal.
Vegetarian Pasta Fagioli Soup
yield: 10 SERVINGS
cook time: 55 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Veggie filled fagioli soup that is perfect for your Meatless Monday meal.
- 2 – 11 oz packages meatless crumbles
- 3 pieces celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 – 24 oz cans diced tomato
- 2 – 32 oz containers vegetarian broth
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz can white kidney (cannelloni beans), drained
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz dry elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
This recipe makes over 6 quarts so be sure to use a large pot. I transferred some to my slow cooker to keep warm until dinner time and then froze the rest for later. You can also split the recipe in half for a smaller batch.
Want more Meatless Monday meals? Check out last week’s 7 Layer Tortilla Pie recipe and stay tuned for more Meatless recipes in the weeks and months to come! 🙂