Home Depot Coupons & Sales
Page 2 of 82
Home Depot Coupons & Sales
Looking for the latest Home Depot coupon? We've got ya covered! The Home Depot offers up some of the best sales around on everything DIYers need, including home services, truck & tool rental sales, name brand appliances, kitchen & bath, paint, and hardware. You can also save even more money by combining Home Depot sales with coupons, discounted gift cards, and exclusive promo codes. Home Depot deals change all the time, so check Hip2Save often for the latest savings, one day only sales, clearance buys, fun finds, and much more.
Whether you're planning a full kitchen remodel, planting a new garden, or just buying paint for a weekend project, you can save BIG at The Home Depot with these simple money-saving shopping tips!
1. Get 10% off select furniture & home items.When you subscribe to Style & Decor emails from The Home Depot, you will get an offer for 10% off your online purchase of select furniture, home accents, bedding, and bath products (valid for two weeks after signing up). You can also request The Home Depot Decor Catalog for home decorating ideas and inspiration.
2. Save $5 off your $50 home purchase.Sign up for Home Depot Mobile Alerts and you'll get a Home Depot coupon on your mobile device good for $5 off your $50 in-store purchase, valid for three weeks after signing up. If you've signed up for mobile offers in the past, text STOP to 65624 and then sign up again.
3. Sign up for PRO Alerts for yet another coupon.Also, if you're making large purchases, consider signing up for the free PRO Xtra Loyalty program where members can get volume discounts, paint rewards, purchase tracking, and more! Plus, after you sign up, you'll receive a coupon valid for $20 off a select purchase of $200 or more.
Hip Tip: Basically, you should never shop at The Home Depot store without a $5 off $50 Home Depot coupon in tow, since you can use them on Clearance items and there are lots of easy ways to score these coupons (see the tips above)!
4. Take advantage of the Low Price Guarantee.For in-store purchases, if you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any retailer, The Home Depot will match the price - just bring the ad, printout, or photo with you to the register for validation. Note that this guarantee excludes seasonal, discontinued, obsolete, clearance, distressed, or going-out-of-business sale merchandise and other exclusions listed here.
For online purchases, HomeDepot.com will match the price of items plus shipping costs. However, the price match items must be available from the competitor to ship to your location.
5. Scope out the clearance sections first.When heading in-store, be sure to browse through the clearance sections in various departments of the store for discounts 75-80% off or more (these items will be marked with yellow tags). Also, be sure to look for Reduced Tag Savings with 10% discounts on top! These items are usually floor models or store-return items in workable condition but may have a missing part or small flaw.
Rumor has it that clearance prices ending in $.06 indicate that these items have hit their second markdown cycle and have six weeks left until the next price change, while clearance prices ending in $.03 indicate a final price reduction. If these items don't sell within three weeks from when the yellow tag was first printed, they may be pulled from the shelves and donated to charitable organizations.
6. Return your dead perennials, trees, and shrubs.Can't keep plants alive? No worries! The Home Depot offers a 1-year guarantee on perennials, trees, and shrubs so if your plant dies within the first year of planting it, you can actually dig it up and bring it in-store for a replacement or refund.
If you purchase these items online (including, but not limited to, houseplants, perennials, trees, holiday trees, wreaths, and garlands) and they arrive damaged or dead, be sure to contact Customer Support at 1-800-430-3376 within three days of delivery and they will ship a replacement at no charge. This policy does not apply to cut flowers or floral arrangements.
Also, whenever you use Bonnie plants with Miracle-Gro soils and/or plant foods, The Home Depot guarantees you'll get a harvest! If your Bonnie plants do not produce in the course of the growing season (March - October), you are entitled to a refund for your plant and Miracle-Gro purchase. Here's a list of all eligible Bonnie Harvest Guarantee products.
Hip Tip: Usually toward the end of the summer, you can find racks in the Garden Center with plants that are wilted or not as pretty as others for a fraction of the cost. The 1-year guarantee still applies! Don't hesitate to buy these plants, as you'll save a bundle and can return it if it dies.
7. Save on wood scraps for small projects.Need a small piece of wood for an upcoming project but don't want to purchase an entire piece of lumber at full price for it? Locate the Cull Lumber rack at The Home Depot where you may be able to find pieces of wood marked with purple paint, which may be up to an additional 70% off at checkout!
Keep in mind that cull lumber is pieces of wood that are usually leftovers from a previous customer or may possibly be damaged. But if you're just repairing a small section of a dog house sitting out in the backyard and likely to get chewed up in the future, it may be just what you need, right?
8. Know what things to buy (and what to avoid).Some of the best things to buy at The Home Depot are Behr paint, patio furniture, lighting and ceiling fan fixtures, LED light bulbs, plants, Char-broil gas grills, and more.
However, some of the worst things to buy include wall and home decor, cleaning supplies, kitchen accessories, Brinkmann grills, Home Legend flooring, select humidifiers, and HDX paper towels.
9. Shop the special buys for BIG savings.Keep your eyes peeled for various special promotions throughout the store and also online, where you can get a free accessory or item whenever you purchase a qualifying product. If you're shopping for Father's Day or just looking to add to your tool collection, this is a great time to shop and save.
10. Moving? Save 10% on Penske rental trucks.When you book your one-way reservation online with Penske, you'll save an additional 10% off and get free, unlimited miles on one-way truck rental reservations. Even better, add your AAA member discount or military discount and you can save 12% off all one-way and local truck rentals!
Every moving truck comes equipped with automatic transmission, anti-lock brakes for safer stops, air conditioning, AM/FM radio, AUX or USB input, power steering, cargo tie rails, dual-faced mirrors for better vision, rear roll-up door, translucent roof and cargo lighting, and non-slip wooden floors.
11. Rent tools for odd projects before buying.With hundreds of tools and equipment available to rent at The Home Depot, they'll likely have what you need without making a large "one-time-use" purchase.
Whether you're in the middle of a home remodel or landscaping project, you can easily rent tools by the hour, day, week, or month, so it's worth checking The Home Depot's inventory and rental rates to see if they have what you need.
Also, before buying brand new, consider purchasing their professional-quality used tools for a fraction of the cost! They leverage the professional-grade tools that cycle through their rental program and sell them while still in good, working condition. Though slightly used, these tools have been serviced between each rental to assure performance quality. Note that these items are sold "as-is."
12. Shop the 1-Day Only online sales.Every day, HomeDepot.com offers different Special Buy of the Day sales on select items – such as door hardware, ceiling fans, kitchen accessories, and more. Even sweeter, these sale items qualify for free delivery to your home (regularly free on $49 orders), so it's a great time to shop!
Plus, when shopping online, don't overlook the Overstock section and New Lower Price items to save even more.
13. Check the online rebate center.Before making a large purchase, such as a major appliance, be sure to visit The Home Depot's online rebate center to see what offers are available. You can easily search by typing in what you're looking for and may find rebates for free products by mail, prepaid debit cards with purchase, and more.
Also, participating stores will offer an 11% rebate match for purchases made in a Home Depot store to match the Menards 11% rebate sale (receipt required)! Check to see if your store is participating.
14. Get a 10% military discount in-store.The Home Depot offers an everyday 10% Military Discount on items sold and stocked in-store only. However, this policy may vary by store, so be sure to contact your local store for their policy.
- All active, reserve, retired, or disabled military personnel and their immediate family members are eligible for a 10% discount every day of the year with a valid military or current dependent ID.
To redeem the discount in-store, show the valid military ID to a store associate when inquiring about the discount. Note that the discount cannot be used toward lumber, building materials, and select products.
Hip Tip - The Home Depot also allows businesses with a valid state-issued tax exemption to purchase products without paying sales tax on exempted items. However, before your business can purchase products without paying sales tax, you will need to complete an online application process that registers your business for the tax exemption and allows you to create a special Home Depot tax exempt ID number.
15. Register for FREE workshops.The Home Depot offers FREE DIY Workshops for people of all ages and experience levels where you can learn about various topics, such as organic gardening, how to tile your backsplash, and more. Registration is required so be sure to secure a spot in advance.
Also, all kids who attend get to keep their project and receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a workshop apron, and a commemorative pin (while supplies last). Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the freebies. My kids have always loved these workshops!
Register for the following workshops:
- Do-It-Yourself workshops help anyone kick off their project with confidence through expert instruction reference materials.
- Do-It-Herself workshops mix demos and hands-on learning to help women tackle a variety of home improvement projects.
- Kids workshops provide a lively environment mixing skill-building, creativity, and safety for future DIYers.
16. Save painting projects for holiday weekends.One of the best times to purchase paint is during a holiday (like Memorial Day or Fourth of July), as they often offer $10 off one-Gallon Paint Cans and $40 off 5-Gallon Paint buckets after rebate!
Hip Tip: Not sure which color paint you want yet? Buy the paint during the deal and skip adding in the color. When you decide what you want down the road, bring it back and they’ll add it for you then!Also, if you're not set on a specific paint color, be sure to check out the "Oops" paint section in-store. You'll often find big savings on cans of paint that were either brought back by a customer or weren't mixed well by the paint technician and ended up being the wrong color. It's a great way to save on paint!