12 Best Tips for Saving BIG at Bed Bath & Beyond (Use Multiple Coupons, Price Match, & More!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keep reading for our top Bed Bath and Beyond shopping tips!
Heading to Bed Bath & Beyond soon?
These Bed Bath & Beyond shopping tips will help you save BIG if you’re buying a new home, getting married, or sending your child to college – especially since you’ll likely be making several trips to your local Bed Bath & Beyond store to purchase bath towels, kitchen items, home decor, and more.
There are lots of other ways to save besides the infamous blue and white mailer Bed Bath & Beyond coupons, though! Check out these money-saving secrets to save even more.
1. Know where to find store coupons.
There are actually quite a few ways to get those coveted blue and white Bed Bath & Beyond coupons.
Here’s how to score Bed Bath & Beyond coupons:
- Sign Up for Email Newsletters: When you sign up for the Bed Bath & Beyond email newsletter, you’ll receive an in-store coupon within 24 hours for 20% off ANY single item.
- Sign Up for College Emails: Whenever you sign up for college emails, you’ll instantly get a welcome email with a coupon valid for 20% off your entire purchase (in-store and online) plus free standard shipping whenever you use your .edu email address.
- Sign Up for Movers Emails: Whenever you sign up for ‘Your Move’, you’ll instantly receive a 20% off your entire purchase coupon, valid in-store OR online!
- Request Direct Mail: Sign up to receive direct mail coupons and promotions from Bed Bath & Beyond, and you’ll get a 20% off ANY item in-store coupon in your mailbox!
- Check Your Magazines: You can often find 20% off a single item coupon in various magazines, such as Better Homes and Garden, Real Simple, Seventeen, and more.
2. Don’t throw coupon mailers away!
Although Bed Bath & Beyond coupons have a printed expiration date, most stores will accept them beyond the expiration date as a courtesy to you. Still, you’ll want to glance at your coupons as some will be reduced to only 10% off after the expiration date.
When redeeming, the best part is that there’s no need to split up your transactions as most stores will allow you to use multiple store coupons per transaction, with a limit of one coupon per item.
That means if you’re buying three items, you can use three 20% off ANY single item coupons (or other applicable coupons) as long as they apply to each purchase. Plus, you can even use these coupons on clearance merchandise and sale items. Read the FAQs if you have any questions.
3. Price match your purchases.
Bed Bath & Beyond has a great Price Match Guarantee and even accepts unexpired competitor’s coupons for products also available at those competitors. They will price match any retailer who sells products in both retail stores and online under the same name, as well as Amazon.
When shopping with a Bed Bath & Beyond store coupon (while also looking for a price match), note that they’ll only apply the price match OR the coupon – whichever provides the best discount. According to their price match policy, you may use a manufacturer’s coupon together with a price match.
A handy way to compare prices OR to see if you should ask for a price match instead of using a coupon is to scan products using Amazon’s App. While shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond, just scan the product barcode by clicking on the camera icon within Amazon’s App to see their current selling price.
Bed, Bath, & Beyond will also offer a coupon adjustment if you forget your coupons! Just be sure to bring your coupon and receipt of purchase within 14 days.
4. Don’t skip past the health & beauty aisles.
Bed, Bath, & Beyond has some of our favorite drug store beauty products, and I’ve found that sometimes they’re even cheaper than at other drug stores! Even better, if your store has a Harmon Face Values department, you can actually score some great deals there!
Each month, you’ll find a Harmon Savings Booklet at the front of the store or in a basket by the department, and it’s filled with coupons.
5. Shop the clearance sections on Monday.
Rumor has it that Bed Bath & Beyond restocks its clearance sections over the weekend, making Monday or Tuesday a prime day to shop those markdowns with your coupons in tow.
The clearance shelves are usually located in the center aisles, at the back of the store, or right as you enter and are marked with yellow stickers. However, be sure to check the end caps facing the outer perimeter of the store (furthest away from the main walkway) for overstock and more clearance.
6. Organize coupons on your phone.
My Offers is an easy way to organize your paper, email, and text offers into one virtual wallet so you can access and redeem your coupons on the go – in stores and online! My Offers simply links your coupons to your email address, giving you a fast and reliable cloud source for all of your coupons.
To use your offers in-store, simply pull up My Offers on your mobile device or download the Bed Bath & Beyond app for iOS or Android. Tap the coupon you would like to use and present the barcode to the cashier at checkout. Easy peasy!
By signing up for My Offers, you’ll be able to add paper coupons for online use by entering the 8 digit MO code OR scanning the barcode found on your coupon. However, please note that if you upload a coupon into your My Offers account, it will not be accessible after the expiration date.
7. Make note of their return policy.
Bed Bath & Beyond has a pretty generous return policy! If you have the original receipt, you’ll receive a full refund paid to the original form of payment for up to one year after purchase. If you don’t have a receipt and if the purchase was made in the last 365 days, they will try to locate the purchase using any of the following:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Store or Merchandise Credit Number
- Gift Card Number
- Order Number (if applicable)
- Registry Number (if applicable)
- Checking Account Number
If they can’t find a record of purchase, they will either complete an exchange for the current selling price minus 20% or provide a merchandise credit for the current selling price minus 20% for the possible use of a coupon. Whenever they issue a store credit, they will always ask for your ID, so make sure it’s handy!
Hip Tip: If you end up returning an item that you used a coupon on, you can get the same discount applied on the new item you are buying. But, if you don’t want to purchase another item, I’ve been told that you CAN get your coupon back by asking a manager who will print one for you.
8. Check inventory before making a special trip.
Because nobody wants to waste a trip to the store, Bed Bath & Beyond has two great services that can help you to see what’s in stock near you OR even reserve a product and pick it up when convenient.
- Find in Store: This web tool lets you check to see if a store near you has the product you’re wanting on its shelves before heading out. Just look for the “Find in Store” button on the product page and input your location to see if it’s in stock near you before heading out.
- Pick Up in Store: This tool allows you to create an online request to hold the item at the store location that has it. Bring your “Pick Up” email and form of payment to the store where you’ll then pay for your item and use any applicable coupons you have.
9. Going away to college? Read this!
If you’re going away to college and don’t know where to start, Bed Bath & Beyond has you covered! During the summer, they have various school registries that feature checklists of what you need for your dorm. This is super helpful because, even if you don’t buy everything there, you now have an idea of what you need in one place and can check it off as you collect everything!
Don’t forget to take advantage of their convenient Moving Solutions service! Instead of packing up and hauling your stuff across the country or state, just head to your local Bed Bath & Beyond or go online and do your shopping.
You can have your in-store purchases shipped to the Bed Bath & Beyond store near your campus and pick them up when you get there at no cost to you! Note that online shoppers may have to pay shipping charges (a benefit to shopping in-store), but you’ll skip the hassle of toting, packing, and shipping, the items yourself. Note this service is only available from May-October.
10. Attend FREE in-store events.
Bed Bath & Beyond hosts various FREE in-store events where you can get expert help, learn creative tips, receive a special discount, enjoy refreshments, enter drawings, and more! Keep in mind that these events change often and an RSVP is often encouraged.
11. Register for awesome wedding perks.
Bed Bath & Beyond offers free personalized announcement cards, complimentary gift packaging in-stores at the self-wrap station, and more. Plus, for 90 days after your wedding date, you’re eligible to use a 20% completion discount on both a one-time online purchase and a one-time in-store purchase.
12. Follow Bed Bath & Beyond on social media.
Be sure to follow Bed Bath & Beyond on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter as they have various contests and giveaways throughout the year. In the past, they’ve had a Mother’s Day Facebook giveaway that offered the chance to win 2 Conair beauty prize packages and 2 $100 Bed Bath & Beyond Gift Cards. They have these fairly often, so take advantage of these potential freebies!