5 Best Christmas Decorations for Your Home
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
No matter when you decorate for Christmas finding the very best decorations is normally on everyone’s agenda. Here are five of our picks for some of the very best Christmas decorations so there’s no buyer’s remorse every year you decorate.
We’ve scoured the web, checked reviews, and have finally come up with what we feel are some of the best Christmas decorations available!
1. The best artificial Christmas tree to buy
- Balsam Hill Full Width Fraser Fir – $399 up to $1899
Not a fan of sweeping up tree needles all winter long? I’ve found the most realistic and beautiful tree to complete your family room this year. With over 1,000 5-star reviews – it’s time to make the switch to a faux tree!
Here are the best ways to save:
Right now, at Balsam Hill, you can score up to 40% off your tree! Plus, if you spend $499 or more, you can save $35 with promo code BHSAS35OFF at checkout.
Here are 5 reasons we think this artificial Christmas tree is the best:
- It’s made with True Needle technology to mimic the look and feel of a real Fraser Fir tree and has vibrant green and hints of silver.
- They have a huge selection of any size from a 5’5″ to 12 feet!
- You can customize your tree lights with multicolor, clear, or candlelit LED combinations and it will come with extra bulbs.
- It comes with a handy storage bag when it’s time to take your tree down.
- Any tree with lights will come with a remote control.
“I have had this tree for 3 Christmases now, and it is still just as pretty as on day one! I love the Easy Plug feature and the permanently attached hinged branches. This has been, by far, the easiest to assemble artificial tree I’ve ever owned. I have decorated with this tree in addition to other live trees the previous 2 years, but decided to make this one our main tree – I don’t even miss the real one now!” – Jeremy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2. The best Christmas stockings to buy
The first thing I went after when mom broke out the boxes of Christmas decorations was the one with all the stockings! Oh, the memories! They’re the one decoration that sticks around forever, so investing in the right ones is so important if you’re looking to stick with tradition.
Here are the best ways to save:
Here are 5 reasons we think these stockings are the best:
- They’re a timeless purchase and L.L. Bean carries the same collection year after year so you can continue to seamlessly add to your collection.
- The needlework is not only unique but very high-quality and will stand the test of time for many Christmases to come.
- There are many different designs to choose from in their collection so each family member’s stocking is unique.
- They can be monogrammed to give each stocking a custom touch. (This service is FREE when you pay with an L.L. Bean Mastercard!)
- Overall, this design is nostalgic and full of tradition and one that your kids are likely to carry on.
“We purchased needlepoint stockings for our whole family including our furry family members. They are heirloom quality with bright beautiful designs and are very sturdy to hold lots of gifts from Santa! I really love the velvety backs as well and value that they keep the same basic shape and size from year to year so when a new family member needs one, they will still match all of our older needlepoint stockings! I would highly recommend these!” – Kate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
3. The best artificial and real Christmas wreaths to buy
The best artificial Christmas wreath
- Balsam Hill Heritage Spice Christmas Wreath – $99-$179
Since Balsam Hill was our top pick for the best artificial tree, it’s no surprise that our top pick for an artificial wreath is also made by them! They really do steal the show when it comes to lifelike greenery, and this wreath has got it all going on!
Here are 5 reasons we think this artificial Christmas wreath is the best:
- You can order it prelit which will have an automatic timer so you don’t have to worry about shutting it off.
- It has tons of natural embellishments including pine cones, apples, berries, pomegranates, and cinnamon sticks.
- It’s made with True Needle technology to mimic the look and feel of real foliage.
- It can come in either 26″ or 32″ so you know you’ll get the perfect size.
- Hidden battery box so it stays out of sight even on your beautiful glass front doors.
“The Heritage Spice Wreath is exactly as described and pictured! The foliage is thick, full and so gorgeous. So many artificial wreaths have greenery that looks sparse and cheap – this one does not!
The decorations are exactly as pictured and the clear lights are perfectly placed and just the right number of lights for them to be an accent. The battery box with timer for the lights is virtually invisible. It is dark green and hidden quite cleverly in the greenery – not visible from the front or the back which matters to me due to glass front doors!!.
I highly recommend this wreath!! Mine was a bit flattened from shipping when it arrived — I gave it some TLC and did some ‘fluffing’ to make it look it’s very best and now it’s perfection!” – Kris ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The best real Christmas wreath
If you’re not looking for a faux wreath to get out every year, you can have this festive stunner shipped right to your door in time for the holidays. Not only would it look fantastic in your home, but it makes a fantastic gift, too!
Here are the best ways to save:
Here are 5 reasons we think this live Christmas wreath is the best:
- It’s full, fresh and smells absolutely amazing!
- It’s adorned with fresh berries and pinecones.
- It has a huge and festive red bow that will make it stand out.
- It’s healthy and will last throughout the entire holiday season.
- Handmade right in Maine and the attention to detail is impeccable.
“I started ordering these wreaths several years ago because I wanted something real for the door and I didn’t want to have to store something else after the Holidays. I bought 4 this year and I’m so very happy that I did! The wreaths are so fresh that just opening the boxes makes the whole house smell like Christmas! The bows are shaped nicely, very red, and the little hangers fit my doors and fence perfectly. These beautiful wreaths worked so well that it has become a decorating tradition!
I’ll continue to order these balsam wreaths every Christmas as long as L.L. Bean sells them!” – Tina ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
4. The best Christmas ornaments to buy
A great part of decorating your tree for the holidays is breaking out that huge box of ornaments and reminiscing on all the nostalgia that each and every one of them holds. At World Market, you can score loads of gorgeous and unique vintage style ornaments you’re not likely to find anywhere else!
Here’s the best ways to save:
Here are some of our favorite World Market ornaments for 2019 that you may want to add to your collection:
- Paper Animal Pool Float Ornaments, set of 4 – $19.96 (or sold individually in-store)
Not shown, this set of four also comes with an adorable unicorn ornament! These pool floats will bring an unexpected colorful display to your tree this year.
“There are a bunch of fun ornaments at World Market. I liked all the vintage collection I was able to find and it gave me all the feels from being back home. The pool floats were one of my favorites and super lightweight so they’re easy to hang.” – Stetson ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Felted Wool Pom Pom Elephant Ornaments, set of 3 – $23.97 (or sold individually in-store)
How cute are these little guys?! These handcrafted ornaments are truly one of a kind and whether you just want to bring some good luck to your decorated home this year or love the eclectic flair, then you’re going to love these.
- Glass Trailer With Tree Ornaments, set of 3 – $20.97 (or sold individually in-store)
I’m totally getting a Christmas Vacation vibe from these fun trailer ornaments and considering it’s my favorite Christmas movie I think I need one in every color! 😍 Plus, I love that they’re handcrafted out of glass and painted with festive string lights – they’ll be sure to make a statement on your Christmas trees!
“I absolutely LOVE shopping for new Christmas ornaments at World Market! You can find such unique pieces from glass unicorns and sprinkled donuts to mini felt gnomes and Christmas sweaters!
Whenever I need something truly unique or cute I know World Market will have what I need! Not to mention, their ornaments also make really great gifts or the perfect topper if you like to wrap extra special presents for the holidays.” – Sara ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5. The best Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar to buy
One of my fondest memories at Christmas time was when my mom got out my favorite advent calendar decoration so our countdown to Christmas could begin! This Melissa and Doug countdown is festive and so fun for the kids to keep the tradition alive, plus I love that it can be reused year after year.
Here are the best ways to save:
Right now at Target, select Melissa & Dog toys are marked down 10% – 30% OFF, while others are on sale Buy 2, Get 1 Free. Plus, through November 23rd, Target is also offering a 25% off one Toy, Kid’s Book, or Craft Activity Kit mobile coupon when you text TOY to 827438. AND, if you purchase these with your Target RedCard, you’ll save another 5% on your order!
Don’t forget to bookmark our Target deals page for more hot savings this holiday season!
Here are 5 reasons we think this Christmas countdown is the best:
- It’s fun for the kids and they can arrange the ornaments however they want!
- It doesn’t encourage little ones to eat candy every day like other countdowns
- The countdown is a great way to involve kids and get them excited about Christmas.
- Younger kids will work on motor and math skills when using it.
- The ornaments are durable and magnetic so you don’t need to worry about losing them.
“I wanted something special to mark the days but wasn’t interested in candy or toys. This advent calendar is great because it will last for many years. It’s nice and sturdy with bright colors and some glittery accents that are perfectly varnished and won’t make a mess. The kids love it, too!” – Missy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐