Support the Movement to Help Teachers Clear Their School Supply List
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
What is “Clear the List”? It’s a nationwide movement to support teachers by purchasing items for their school supply lists.
Let’s Help Teachers Clear The List! 🍎
With a new school year starting soon, thousands of teachers across the country are working to prepare their classrooms for the 2022-2023 school year, and this typically means stocking up on school supplies!
Did you know that many teachers pay for a majority of classroom supplies out of their own pockets? Yes, it’s true! Classroom supplies are not cheap and some school districts struggle, leaving many teachers to pay for school supplies on their own.
It’s the perfect time to help support teachers with the Clear The List movement! ❤️
You can help by donating items from teachers’ Amazon shopping lists!
Teachers and educational professionals can head over to Amazon, create a classroom wish list, and then share their lists publicly. Even better, anyone can ‘donate’ items that are on the list and after making a donation, donors can even leave a note or message letting the teacher know how much they are appreciated. So awesome!
Even better, if you post your list on social media and tag Amazon with #clearthelist, you may find that your list is cleared BY Amazon! So cool!
Teachers, follow these steps to make your own classroom wish list on Amazon:
- Head over to Amazon and hover over Account & List at the top of any Amazon.com page. Select ‘Create a List’ from the drop-down menu and name your list.
- Hover over the three dots More menu on the right, and click Manage List to update your shipping address (this is important!) and other preferences like whether you want the list to be private or public. You can also designate whether your list is for an organization and if so, you’ll have the option to provide the website address of the organization.
- Click ‘Save’ and then you can start adding items to your list!
- To add items to your wish list, simply browse Amazon for products and then click ‘Add to List’ under the Buy box on the right-hand side of any item’s product detail page.
- Only list owners can make changes through Manage List. Both list owners and collaborators will be able to add and remove items.
Be sure to check out Target’s Teacher Prep Event! Through September 10th, Teachers, daycare employees, college/university professors, vocational/trade/technical school teachers, and homeschool teachers save 15% off school supplies and more!
Start your Target school registry here!
If you’re a teacher, be sure to share your teacher list in the comments below so that readers can help clear your list! 🙌