This is a MUST-READ if you’re a DIRECTV customer!
Hi everyone! It’s Bryn, Collin’s sister and sidekick. Last year around this same time, I wrote a very popular post all about how I was able to call DIRECTV and save myself $50 per month for an ENTIRE year! 😱 And the best part, this phone call literally took me less than five minutes!
Fast forward to today, and Collin has bugged me almost daily to pick up the phone and call DIRECTV once again to see if I can secure a similarly insane offer yet AGAIN. Truth be told, I was putting off this phone call as I just kept thinking there was no way this company was going to give me a huge discount again that would be worth writing about. Well, boy, was I wrong…
My 5-minute call today just saved me $720! YES, OVER SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!
If you’ve been considering downgrading or canceling your DIRECTV service or you just want to discuss options to reduce costs on your account, follow these simple steps:
- First, dial DIRECTV customer service at 1-800-531-5000.
- State “cancel service” when you get to the menu options.
- When asked, be sure to state that you’re not moving (unless, of course, you’re in the middle of a move!). Your call will then be routed directly to the customer retention/loyalty department.
- Share with the customer service representative that you want to reduce your monthly bill and are looking for any special offers that may be available for your account.
- Within a few minutes, the representative will let you know if your account qualifies for additional savings!
I was offered a savings of $60 per month for the next 12 months! That’s a total savings of $720!
Have you tried this recently, either with DIRECTV or another provider?
If so, please let us know what you did and how it worked!