10 Easy & Inexpensive Easter Basket Ideas for Kids
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Awesome DIY Easter basket ideas you kids will be thrilled to find!
You’re gonna want to put all your eggs in these creative Easter basket ideas!
Easter will be here before you know it! With that said, the Easter bunny may be looking for a little inspiration this year. Here are some truly unique Easter basket ideas that are creative, easy to accomplish, and super adorable! Don’t forget to utilize your local dollar store for supplies and fillers to keep the total cost affordable!
1. This Easter basket is perfect for any fan of Minnie Mouse.
Have a Disney fan? This Minnie Mouse Easter basket was a super easy craft, and it was really affordable too! All the supplies came from Dollar Tree except for the hair bow (which we already had on hand).
I think a Mickey Mouse version would be easy to make as well! You could buy a red basket (or paint one that you already have) and add white circles to the front and ears to the top!
To make these Minnie Mouse Easter baskets:
- Trace two circles onto black craft foam about 1/2 inch apart and connect the ends. Cut and glue them to the top of the basket.
- Place a dollar store tutu around the basket and glue circles cut from white craft foam to the skirt.
- Glue a pink and white polka dot bow to the basket in between the ears.
2. Fill a sports hat or helmet with Easter goodies.
If you’ve got a baseball or softball fan, try filling an upturned baseball cap with fun sports-related goodies. Consider adding some baseball cards, Big League Chew, or even the baseball movie The Sandlot. A football helmet or similar headgear from another sport would work, too!
3. These umbrellas are fun for Easter baskets and practical for April showers!
Photo from Primal Dish
I love the idea of using an umbrella as an Easter Basket! You could also use a pair of rain boots instead, which would give you a little less space to fill. 😉 Either one would be such a cute and unique presentation for Spring!
4. This Poppy-inspired basket will delight any Trolls movie fan!
Photo from The Keeper of the Cherrios
5. These edible Easter baskets are fun to make and totally customizable.
Using candy boxes to create Edible Easter Baskets is so much FUN! You can use the recipient’s favorite candies to totally customize them for individual tastes and dietary preferences too. Get the super simple directions here.
6. Transform any bucket into this cute Easter chick!
Photo from HGTV
7. Make these beach towel bunnies with swim gear for the whole family.
Photo from Pinterest – Caitlyn McClain
Instead of an Easter basket, try using a rolled-up beach towel to recreate this look found on Pinterest! I love the idea of using googly eyes, pipe cleaners, and a pink craft pom to create a cute bunny face, and the flip-flops make perfect bunny ears too. Such a fun idea for a teen Easter basket!
8. This Stenciled Tote Bag is perfect for Easter and beyond.
Photo from HGTV
This easy craft can be used as an Easter basket and then again as a customized tote bag throughout the year! Head on over to HGTV to get easy step-by-step directions.
9. Fill a tackle box with themed treats and fishing gear.
Photo from Pinterest – Kati Weyer
This tackle box Easter basket idea would be so much fun (and really useful) for any fishing family! Fill it with a mix of themed treats like Goldfish crackers, gummy worms, Swedish fish, etc. along with real fishing gear like hooks, lures, and fishing lines!
10. These printable Easter baskets can be assembled in minutes.
Photo from The Melrose Family
Need a last-minute Easter basket idea and want to skip a trip to the store? Print this Easter basket at home and have it ready to fill in minutes! Just head on over here to download the PDF and instructions.
Leave everyone in stitches this year with a gag Easter egg hunt!