Our 30-Day 100 Squat Challenge Is Here (It’s FREE & Requires No Equipment)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
30 Days from now, you’ll be glad you started 🏋️♀️
The weather is getting warmer and more people are talking about their quest for a “summer bod”, so really whether you’re still quarantined or not, we think there’s no better time to focus on healthier lifestyle choices!
Plus, with gyms (and lots of other places) being closed right now, we could all use some free pointers to stay in shape at home. That’s why we’re launching a little Hip2Save 30-Day Squat Challenge to get everyone motivated.
It’s easy, convenient, fits easily into your daily schedule, and (the best part!) it’s totally FREE!
Introducing our 30-Day 100 Squat Challenge!
Here’s how you do a squat:
First, learn how to do a proper bodyweight squat (from Greatist):
- Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hips over knees, and knees over ankles.
- Avoid stress on the lower back by rolling the shoulders back and down away from the ears and maintain a neutral spine throughout the movement.
- Either extend arms out straight, so they are parallel with the ground with the palms facing down, or keep elbows close to the body, with palms facing each other and thumbs pointing up.
- Start by inhaling and unlocking the hips, slightly bringing them back and keep sending the hips backward as the knees begin to bend.
- While the butt will start to stick out, make sure the chest and shoulders stay upright, and the back stays straight. Keep the head facing forward with your gaze straight ahead for a neutral spine.
- Optimal squat depth would be your hips sinking below the knees (only if you have the flexibility to do so comfortably).
- Engage core and with the body weight in the heels, explode back up to standing, driving through heels.
✨Yay! You did a perfect squat! ✨
Now that you’ve got the move down, let’s add some reps!
- Practice the movement a couple of times so that you can successfully complete multiple repetitions of a perfect form squat.
- Make sure you add in some stretches after you complete your set. Livestrong has some great moves to help limber up your hips, legs, and glutes for increased flexibility and comfortable movement.
- Now download and print our 30-Day Squat Challenge graphic or save it to your phone and check off the days as you go.
Your Day One starts now!
This challenge will start off simple but don’t worry, the intensity increases as we move through the 30 days. Focus on perfecting your form for the optimum effects of the move and you’ll be a squatting champ in no time!
“Wait, what does this have to do with Hip2Save?” 🤔
We’re known for bringing you the latest deals and steals, but if you’re anything like us, you’re probably sitting on your butt as you view them (and if not, we’re impressed!). We wanted to motivate ourselves and our readers to get up and get moving with a simple but exhilarating challenge.
Plus, this challenge is FREE and doesn’t require you to buy expensive equipment or long for the days you have to trek back and forth to the gym again (which essentially costs you money in gas and membership fees). You can do your squats anywhere and at any time! How easy (and frugal!) is that!?
Hip Tip: Did you know these apps pay you to work out?! Yes, please!
*Disclaimer: Before you partake in this (or any other physical challenge) be sure to get the go-ahead from a trusted medical professional. This challenge is for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as giving professional medical, fitness, diet, or wellness advice.
Squat to it, friends!
Download our FREE printable 30-day challenge chart or save it to your phone for convenient access.
Squats not your thing? Try the Glute Bridge Challenge instead!
I love love love these!!! Adding another round of your flute bridge challenge with it. Saving money, something to do and getting fit…..Thanks hip2save 💪
Awwww! Thanks for your kind words! So glad you love this!
Yay!! Great idea, I love this! Thanks.
Just finished doing my first set! 👍
My niece and I started doing a 30 day challenge almost q month ago. I’m up to about 500 a day easily now!
I did this last year when you posted it, and loved it and did it again the following month. This year, I’m nearly 37 weeks pregnant now with #5…it will have to wait until I can exercise again post-partum 🙂 I look forward to it and getting my mama butt back in shape when it’s time!
I’m in! Just group messaged my family. Everyone loves group messages lol! But I love them! Thanks Hip2Save
Yay! I totally didnt knownl you should squat your booty past your knees!
I just started a similar squat challenge with my friend and I’m keeping track of it with a free app called strides. It’s great for tracking any habits or routines.
The instructions should say to keep your knees at a 90 degree angle so you don’t blow out your knees! Knees should NEVER stick out past the end of your feet.