Our 30-Day 100 Squat Challenge Is Here (It’s FREE & Requires No Equipment)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It’s that time of year again 🏋️♀️
The weather is getting warmer, and more people talk about their quest for a “summer bod”. There’s no better time to focus on healthier lifestyle choices! That’s why we’re launching a little Hip2Save fitness challenge to get everyone more active without buying equipment or joining a gym.
It’s easy, convenient, fits easily into your daily schedule, and (the best part!) it’s FREE!
Introducing our 30-Day 100 Squat Challenge!*
Here’s how you do a squat:
First, learn how to do a proper body weight squat (from Greatist):
1. Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hips over knees, and knees over ankles.
2. Avoid stress on the lower back by rolling the shoulders back and down away from the ears and maintain a neutral spine throughout the movement.
3. Either extend arms out straight, so they are parallel with the ground with the palms facing down, or keep elbows close to the body, with palms facing each other and thumbs pointing up.
4. Start by inhaling and unlocking the hips, slightly bringing them back and keep sending the hips backward as the knees begin to bend.
5. While the butt will start to stick out, make sure the chest and shoulders stay upright, and the back stays straight. Keep the head facing forward with your gaze straight ahead for a neutral spine.
6. Optimal squat depth would be your hips sinking below the knees (only if you have the flexibility to do so comfortably).
7. Engage core and with the bodyweight in the heels, explode back up to standing, driving through heels.
✨Yay! You did a perfect squat! ✨
Now that you’ve got the move down, let’s add some reps!
1. Practice the movement a couple of times so that you can successfully complete multiple repetitions of a perfect form squat.
2. Make sure you add in some stretches after you complete your set. Livestrong has some great moves to help limber up your hips, legs, and glutes for increased flexibility and comfortable movement.
Your Day One starts now!
This challenge will start you off simply, but don’t worry, the intensity increases as we move through the 30 days. Focus on perfecting your form for the optimum effects of the move and you’ll be a squatting champ in no time!
“Wait, what does this have to do with Hip2Save?”
We’re known for bringing you the latest deals and steals, but if you’re anything like us, you’re probably sitting on your butt as you view them (and if not, we’re impressed!). We wanted to motivate ourselves and our readers to get up and get moving with a simple but exhilarating challenge.
Plus, this challenge is FREE and doesn’t require you to get in your car to drive to the gym and pay a membership fee (or force you to buy expensive equipment to work out at home). You can do your squats anywhere and at any time! How easy (and frugal!) is that!?
*Disclaimer: Dang it, Jim; we’re not doctors! So before you partake in this (or any other physical challenge) be sure to get the go-ahead from a trusted medical professional. This challenge is for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as giving professional medical, fitness, diet, or wellness advice.
Squat to it!