10 Budget-Friendly Makeup Organization Ideas – #2 Will Cost Ya Just $1!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Use these makeup organization ideas to sort, store, and display your favorite cosmetics!
Time to organize all that makeup!
What’s prettier than makeup? Organized makeup! And you may already have the tools in your home to get your collection sorted. With these simple, convenient, and cheap makeup organization ideas, you can have all your favorite products on display to make your beauty routine simplified.
10 easy makeup organization ideas to try:
1. Use plastic Easter eggs to store your beauty blender.
Photo from Ctrl + Curate
One of our favorite makeup organization ideas is so simple! This super cute plastic Easter egg hack is perfect if you’ve tossed the case to your beauty blender (or never had one to begin with). Decorate with stick-on decals or leave as is. Even better, most plastic Easter eggs have holes in the top and/or bottom so you can keep your sponge dry.
Hip Tip: Looking for more Instagram-worthy beauty blender storage? This metallic holder looks like a little piece of art for your vanity!
2. Organize products perfectly with a kitchen utensil holder.
Looking for unique and inexpensive makeup organizer ideas? Pick up a cheap tray from Amazon, or grab one for only $1 at Dollar Tree! You can jazz it up with some metallic paint, contact paper, or washi tape to make it look less like, well, a utensil holder.
3. Repurpose old candle jars as makeup brush holders.
Repurpose your jars by removing labels and cleaning out the wax just like Lina did in this tutorial. You can fill with beads, pebbles, or any other small, waterproof fillers for a more decorative look, and then you can place your brushes or other supplies in them.
For example, Hip2Save’s Emily likes to use old Bath & Body Works Candle jars to store her cotton rounds.
Hip Tip: If you don’t have a candle jar on hand, you can also buy unused candle jars for cheap at the Dollar Tree!
4. One of our favorite makeup organization ideas is to arrange eye shadow in ice cube trays.
Photo from Pinterest
A simple plastic ice cube tray is one of the makeup organizer ideas you need to try! It perfectly separates your individual eye shadows for easy access. This also works for blushes, bronzers, highlighters, setting powder… you name it! As far as makeup storage ideas go, this one is genius!
5. Place eye shadow palettes in file organizers or napkin holders.
Photo from Project Vanity
Simply slip your palettes between the spaces of a cute file organizer or napkin holder – be sure to check out the clearance section at office supply stores to snag a cute find for CHEAP!
6. One of the best makeup storage ideas is to use ribbon to keep items from shifting in drawers.
Photo from Pinterest
7. Store your cosmetics and makeup brushes in pretty plant holders.
Photo from Reddit/MsRocky1210
Hip2Save’s Meg uses plant vases to store her makeup. We love this idea because plant vases come in all sorts of beautiful colors and designs so you can choose a set that shows off your personality.
A few places to find flower pots for cheap are Dollar Tree, Walmart, Amazon, thrift stores, and IKEA. Oftentimes flower pots and plant vases go on sale in the very beginning of spring so keep an eye out for a good deal to scoop!
8. Upcycle a thrift store find to create a unique makeup brush holder.
Photo from I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Head to the thrift store and scan the shelves for items you can upcycle into a makeup brush holder or makeup organization bin! Some makeup storage ideas to consider are transforming a unique coffee mug, vase, creamer pitcher, coffee can, or mason jar into a cosmetics organizer!
9. Equip a sushi roller with elastic or a piece of scrap leather for a makeup roll.
Photo from Irina’s Cute Box
You can always create your own makeup organization products like the sushi roller brush holder shown above. Customize your beauty brush roll by making your own with a bamboo mat and elastic! This is perfect for travel, too!
10. Still need makeup organizer ideas? Use one of our team’s favorite store-bought finds.
From turntables to towers, our team recommends a diverse range of makeup organization products. If you’re looking for a quick and easy solution, try these team-favorite organizers:
- Brightroom 4 Drawer Stackable Countertop Organizer – $20
- Sorbus Makeup & Jewelry Storage Case – $37.98 shipped (reg. $48)
- Brightroom Plastic Spinning Turntable – $20
- 360° Rotating Makeup Organizer – $26.39 (reg. $32.99)