Tame Shoe Clutter With These 5 Clever Storage Ideas from Target
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Delinquent shoes driving you crazy?
First, the kids come home from school and kick off their shoes. Then, the husband throws off his work shoes and takes out his gym shoes from earlier that morning. And then there’s you… neatly placing yours down in a sea of mismatched mayhem. We’re right there with you – there has to be a solution!
Believe it or not, there are many functional and affordable shoe storage solutions available at Target, and they’re so easy, even the kids will enjoy staying organized!
1. Large baskets
Want a quick and easy solution for tossing all your shoes somewhere? Try placing a large basket by your door.
- Threshold Large Metal Wire Round Basket with Wooden Base – $30
- Room Essentials Large Woven Rectangular Storage Basket – $12
- Threshold Dark Global Lidded Cube – $48
“We have a large basket near our front door for the day to day, and all the shoes go in there when everyone walks inside. Whenever it starts to get full, I go through it and put shoes back in the closet that we don’t use as often and leave everyday shoes in there for ALL of us! It works perfectly to just grab and go!” – Erica
2. Shoe shelf
Shoes shelves are almost as easy as baskets, but with this style of storage you can also see which shoes are available more easily. With a tiered-style shelf, you can also easily store more shoes while taking up less floor space.
- Room Essentials stackable shelf, black – $17
- Threshold 3-Tier Shoe Rack Gray – $35
- Room Essentials Double-Sided Rolling Shoe Rack – $25
While these are all stylish and practical solutions, I really love option #3 because it offers double the storage in one space plus the wheels make it so easy to move anywhere. We also love #1 too because it’s stackable.
Using shoe cubbies as a storage solution is perfect for families with more than just a few shoes hanging out on the floor. It’s an easy way to have a space for each pair of shoes and still keeping things stylish.
- Made by Design 8 Bin Shoe Organizer in two color choices – $35
- Room Essentials 11″ 8-Cube Organizer Shelf – $40
- 27″ Narrow Hall Tree with 9 Shoe Cubbies – $151.99+
My favorite is #2 which allows you to hide shoes in fabric bins or Target’s popular Y-Weave baskets. It gives everyone in the house a spot to put their shoes, plus you might even have an extra spot or two to store accessories or winter gear. Plus, these cube shelves can stand vertically or hoizontally making them fit just about any space.
4. Shoe Cabinets
You might love the idea of shoe cubbies, but you’d rather have shoes hidden away. These solutions offer hidden shoe storage and a nice place to add some decor pieces in your entryway!
- Baxton Studio Warren Shoe Storage Cabinet – $131.99 (regularly $145.99)
- Baxton Studio Simms Modern Shoe Cabinet – $107.99 (regularly $119.99)
- Baxton Studio 2-Tone Shoe Cabinet with Doors in Oak or Gray from $62.09 (regularly $71.99)
5. Hanging storage
If you have a nearby closet (or even a door that you can use), these hanging storage solutions are the perfect way to easily conceal shoes. These systems keep shoes tidy and free and don’t take any valuable floor space!
- Made by Design Over-the-Door 24-Pocket Mesh Shoe Organizer – $17
- Whitmor 30 Section Hanging Shoe Shelves – $28.99
- Whitmor 6-Shelf Metal Shoe Rack System – $42.49
I especially love #1 which offers a really good way to maximize space and hide clutter, but the clean lines of #3 make me totally want to do a closet makeover.