This Reader Throws Baby Showers on a Budget – Thanks to Dollar Tree!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Party planning on a budget!
Hip2Save reader, Kay, loves throwing baby showers and reuses her baby shower games throughout the year for other holidays and events. To make her budget stretch even further, she shops at her local Dollar Tree for all of her party-throwing needs and supplies! Check out her story below.
I love throwing parties, especially baby showers. Because I co-host so many baby showers, I keep my games and re-design them according to the next baby shower theme.
I’ve even re-purposed them for other events too. For example, I turned a Baby Jeopardy Board into an Easter Jeopardy Board; I’ve turned a Baby Diaper Pong Game into a Christmas Pong Game. By keeping the board and just switching out designs, it saves me time and money. I also use DIY prizes (as shown).
Here’s a list of most of my supplies:
- Tri-fold cardboard stand from Dollar Tree
- Bulletin borders from Dollar Tree
- Small envelopes
- Scrapbook paper
- Letters/numbers stickers from Michaels (can easily find at Dollar Tree too)
- Small diapers (with paper/plastic party cups/bowls inside)
- Mini containers (for prizes) from Dollar Tree
- Washi tape to decorate lids of mini containers
- Mini snacks or candies to put inside the container
- Mini baby rattles to embellish containers (from Dollar Tree)
As you can see, Dollar Tree is one of my go-to places for party supplies. Even with all this frugality, I’ve been successful at entertaining many guests at baby showers over the years!
This is such a clever idea!
Thank you, Kay, for sharing your frugal baby shower party ideas with us!
Do you have a funny, “Hip”, or unique tip to share?! Fill out our Happy Friday form. Every Friday, we post one submission by a Hip2Save reader (view past submissions) that gives us a glimpse into their frugal lifestyle or simply makes us smile. If yours is published on Hip2Save, we’ll email you a $10 Amazon eGift card!