Walmart’s Great Gas Rollback: Save Up to 15¢ Off Per Gallon in Select States (Starts 8/31)

Wow! If you happen to live near a participating Murphy USA or Walmart Gas Station (or will be traveling near these!), then you’ll want to take note of Walmart’s Great Gas Rollback.

Beginning tomorrow, August 31st, through December 24th, use a Walmart Gift Card to purchase gas at a participating Murphy USA and Walmart gas station and you’ll save 10¢ per gallon (cannot be used in conjunction with the Sam’s Club member discount; ffer not valid at gas stations in AL; 5¢ per gallon discount in FL; 3¢ per gallon discount in OK and MN).

Even sweeter, use a Walmart Credit Card or Walmart Discover card to purchase gas at a participating Murphy USA and Walmart gas station and you’ll save a whopping 15¢ per gallon (cannot be used in conjunction with the Sam’s Club member discount; for purchases made in Alabama and Florida, the 15¢ discount will appear as a credit on your next statement; 5¢ per gallon discount in Oklahoma or Minnesota).

Please note that Walmart’s Great Gas Rollback is only available in the 20 states below:

Click here for more information.

(Thanks, Fun2BFrugal!)

• Samantha says:

Yay! I live in TN and always buy gas at Wal-Mart…15 cents off a gallon is much better than the 3 cents off now! :)

• Kristen says:

Yay!!!! Unfortunately the nearest Murphy’s station is about an hour away but when im there, im definitely takin advantage of this deal!!!!

• Nataly says:

My hubby just put gas 2:56pm 08/30/12 we live in South Texas he got ¢.10 off TODAY!!!! THANK U COLLIN :)

• pam says:

Would a Sam’s charge card work like a Wal Mart charge card?

• rose says:

Thanks! My husband travels all over the state & I work out of town too! That tip is going to save us a bundle.

• Patti says:

That’s great! I have one five minutes from my house!

• Danielle says:

Do I just go into walmart and buy a gift card? then go outside and use it? lol

Dumb question, but just trying to understand. Don’t want to open a credit card for this… but the gift card sounds interesting :)

• Kristen says:

I told my dad about this and he said well what if I don’t have a Walmart credit card, so I told him to go inside, buy a gift card, then go out and use it and save ten cents a gallon :)

• sara says:

that’s exactly what i did last year when they had this and it worked fine.

• cherry says:

is it Ok to buy gift card from walmart then use it to buy gas? or is there a specific gas card for this? do I have to pay fees for activation and such? just wondering if it’s worth the hassle. gas here is 4.09…thanks!

• sherriberry says:

Wow! This is awesome news! We have a walmart credit card we use exclusively to get the current $0.05 discount. $0.15 will help us save a bunch since there are 2 teenage boy drivers in our household. Thank you so much for sharing.

• Stacey says:

My credit card currently gives 5% cash back for this quarter on gas. I just did the math, and if I purchase 15 gallons of gas at $3.56/gal (current price here), I’m better off using the credit card. Just giving info for anyone else in the same boat.

• sara says:

I have the same promo for my credit card, and i’m wondering if I will save more if I buy the gift card with my credit card. I will get 1% off all regular purchases plus the $.10 off per gal.

• Amber says:

Bummer. I just filled my car up at $4.00/gal. OUCH!!! I’ll have to let my husband know abt this before he dose the same thing I did. THANX H2S!!!!!

• Rebecca says:

THANK YOU! We NEED this! We’re in IA & this is an even better deal than Hy-Vee’s Friday big discounts! Woohoo! :D

• Rebecca says:

Does anyone know of any promos or discounts on the purchase price of a Wal-Mart gift card to make this deal even sweeter? :P

• Stephanie says:

There is not usually a promo for a store gift card. You get what you load onto it. Unless you are buying something else in the store and there is a gift card incentive.