*HOT* Free Ibotta iPhone App (Earn Cash for Buying Products In-Store!)

WooHoo! Check out this *HOT* new iPhone app that actually allows you to earn cash! This is an awesome app to make use of now, as it will definitely help to pay for stocking stuffers and even Christmas gifts. And if you don’t have an iPhone, but use an Android phone, stay tuned for a post with a round-up of the best money-earning apps.

So how would you like to to earn cash for products that you are planning to buy in-store anyways (products that you may be able to score FREE or cheap with coupons)?! Well, if you have an iPhone, then you are in luck! Just head over here to download the free Ibotta app and you’ll be able to start earning real money for buying select products in Walmart, Walgreens and Target (they will be adding more stores soon).

Here’s how it works:

Head over here and download the Ibotta app for FREE (note that this app is currently only compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch – 3rd generation, iPod touch – 4th generation, iPod touch – 5th generation and iPad and does requires iOS 5.0 or later). Ibotta for Android users will be coming soon (you can head over here and click on the “Get on the List” link in the bottom left corner to be notified as soon as the Android version is available).

Before you head out to shop, browse through all the different offers. You’ll earn money by watching quick videos, viewing recipes, taking polls, posting to your Facebook Wall etc. AND then actually going to the store to purchase these specific items. Note that Ibotta works in every Target, Walmart and Walgreens in the United States and has plans to expand to additional retailers in the near future. The awesome part for all of us couponers, is that in addition to getting cash back on your purchases, you can also use manufacturer’s coupons to lower your out of pocket expense.

Be sure to check out the product detail page on the app itself in order to view the offer’s expiration date. Offers can sell out, so it’s important to redeem them before they’re gone!

After you make your in-store purchases, you’ll just need to upload your receipt via the Ibotta app. Ibotta will then verify your purchases and determine whether credit should be added to your account within 24 hours.  In many cases, you will receive word from Ibotta in under 1 hour. It is super simple to upload your photo and money was added to my account within an hour. Very cool!

Once you’ve reached at least $5 in earnings, Ibotta lets you transfer your earnings directly to your PayPal account.  Choose Withdraw Cash from the main menu of the app, then select Get My Cash to link Ibotta to your PayPal account. How awesome is that?!

If you’d rather opt to donate your earnings to your favorite school, you can make a donation to any school in America as soon as you’ve earned $1 with Ibotta. Just choose Withdraw Cash from the main menu of the app, then select Donate to Schools.  Ibotta can use your current location to find nearby schools, or you can type in any zip code and pull up a list of schools in that area.

Be sure to tell Ibotta which offers you like and dislike by tapping the image of any product and choosing either thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Over time the app learns what kinds of products you prefer and offers them accordingly.

Also note that there is no limit on the number of offers you can redeem.  Once you have successfully redeemed an offer, Ibotta immediately restocks your shelf with a new offer.  The more offers you redeem, the more new offers you will see, and the more money you can earn.

I tested this app out over the weekend and was very impressed! The app itself is so clean and user friendly… very easy to navigate around and check out all of the product offers. I ended up making $3.50 for purchasing Capri Sun AND Crystal Light On The Go (as you can see from the pic above). I didn’t have coupons for these items (which would have made the deals even sweeter), but even without coupons I thought I did pretty well…

I purchased the following at Walmart:
Capri Sun 10-pack $2.48
Crystal Light On The Go $2
Pay $4.48
Got back $3.50 from Ibotta
Final cost only $0.98 for both items… so imagine the sweet deals you’ll be able to score when you also throw coupons in the mix! I don’t know about you, but I am so darn excited about this new app! :D

Are you a current Ibotta user? Are you a fan of any other money-making apps? If so, share your experiences and suggestions with us below!

(Thanks, Kari!)

• Anthony says:

Ibotta sent me!

• Janie says:

Awesome! Just downloaded it! Already earning by doing the polls, trivia, etc! Thank you, Collin!!!

• Charlie Weeks says:

Ibotta sent me!

• Dakota says:

Ibotta sent me!

• janel says:

Got an android

• Crystal says:

I use Field Agent for mystery shopping (over $800 made so far this year!) and I just started using Endorse again. It’s not nearly as good as before, but it’s not difficult to submit receipts and it does add up, although slowly. I think I’m at about $10 so far, but every little bit helps!

• Kristen says:

I use Free Agent too. Just started a few months ago and have made close to 30 dollars for doing a few low key jobs that took less than 5 minutes inside the store! It is my favorite cash earning app because they tend to give you more than others..but those little things can add up too!

• KIM FOWLER says:

what is field agent.,,sounds interesting

• Crystal says:

It’s a secret shop app for iPhone (not sure about Android). They post shops that are available and you reserve and complete the jobs on your phone. It varies depending on the jobs and where you live, but I make a decent amount with this app and it doesn’t take up a lot of time.

• Jay Jones says:

Ibotta sent me

• jillian says:

Ibotta sent me

• Kari says:

Love it!!! You can purchase the Capri Sun Deal at Target. Buy 3 20 packs of CapriSun. Get $5 gift card. Submit for $1.75 off! After gift card and Ibotta, like getting all 3 for $6.30!!!

• mel says:

well, I’m on the list cause I have a droid. I use Endorse and its slow going since they changed the program, I have just over $5. Its pretty easy to use, every Wed they change the list of products. Just snap a pic of the receipt and in a day or so, get credit. Only downside is if you use coupons they deduct them before giving you credit. I used ecbs to bring a purchase down a few weeks ago that I also purchased candy, so my 10% was on my OOP, (which was a little over $2) vs the $10 ring price.

• Jennifer says:

I know what you mean about endorse. One thing I try to do in order to get the most $ back possible is buy all of the “endorse” items on a single receipt without any other coupon items. This way coupons that may have applied to other items in your purchase but are not necessarily identified as such on the receipt do not count against your “amount spent” on endorsed items. I hope that makes sense!

• Alissa says:

The cool thing about Ibotta is that unlike Endorse you can tell Ibotta what offers you like and which ones you don’t like. I used it this weekend too and not only was my gallery immediately refreshed with new offers, the ones I thumbed-down did not show up and in its place was something even better!

Also – no complications with coupons as of yet, unlike Endorse :P

• Jen from Germany says:

What a great app! Thanks for sharing!

• Ibotta sent me!

• nelly says:

Sounds better than endorse

• Shea says:

Ok, quick question. I have an iPhone but it says I need to upgrade to iOS 5. Does anyone out there know how to help me?

• CourtneyAmanda says:

I think you can just go to your “settings” and click upgrade. If you are synced to the “cloud” you don’t even have to plug into your computer any more.

• Ashley says:

Yay! I’m so happy I don’t have to scan anything lol I only have an Ipod touch so I’m happy I can participate this time :D Thanks Collin!!!

• abby says:

When I tried to install the app, it appears “This app requires iOS 5″ What is that?? Can sombody helpe please??

• rn30032 says:

I gotta UPGRADE my phone…LOL

• Jenn says:

Thanks for sharing! Sitting at home and already earning money!

• Suzanne says:

why is everyone saying that?????

• michelle says:

I got a few questions for anyone who feels like helping out an app. dummy :)
    I have an ipad 2…but no capable phone for any of these smart phone things you guys talk about. This one sounds pretty interesting though and I think Id like to participate (since ipad was listed)…This post has sparked my curiosity. If I can dload the app and participate in this program, does that mean I can use the target mobile coupons on my ipad 2 as well?? And what other good money saving programs are out there for the ipad 2? Thnx in advance guys! :D

• Rcube says:

This is great APP. I just earned $30 in 20 mins….Awesome…

• Wendy says:

I might have to try this since Endorse is useless now. It says our ipod touch doesnt have high enough resolution to use it. Lame. I’ll give this a shot.

• Anthony says:

Unlike Endorse, Ibotta does allow the iPod, as long as it has a built-in camera. You just need to make sure you get a clear up-close picture. You can take as many pictures as you want if it’s a long receipt :)

• Kay says:

I have IPod touch and a Android, I would like to sign up with IPod now and later with Android when it comes out. Should I sign up now with my DH name and later with my name( since I have Android)?!!!

Thanks for any help/tips!!!

• Lisa says:

ibotta sent me.

• Katie K. says:

thank you for all your hard work! I love this site and tell all my friends about it :)

• Suzanne says:

why is everyone saying “IBOTTA SENT ME?”

• Jenni says:

Is this similar to savingstar?

• Alissa says:

so much more than savingstar – real cash payouts, more engaging/fun, awesome design, a much higher payout, and most importantly – NOT a coupon

• Kelsey says:

Pretty much, yes. Savingstar also offers real cash payouts and is not a coupon (gives cash back just like Ibotta). Ibotta has more offers and higher payouts I believe though.

• Evonne says:

It kind of sounds like it but you don’t have to wait as long for the credit on the purchase(s) and you can earn more money by watching videos, taking polls or viewing recipes and it not a coupon. I do Saving Star too but it takes me forever to get points because a lot of the items are things I don’t normally buy, so the added ways to earn points from ibotta will help me.

• Susan says:

I just signed up on my iphone–where are the polls and surveys???

• Rcube says:

It would be great if CVS is added to Stores list in future….

• Shannon G says:

Will you still get the money if you use coupons on this items?

• bj says:

Everyone in these comments who isn’t compensated by Ibotta, please raise your hand. *counts something like 3 people’s hands* This is disappointing. Y’all who are associated with them should add that to your names and/or posts or something.

• bali says:

Sweet, I love that this works with my cheapo iTouch! Lots of things I was going to buy anyway this week…

• Christy says:

Does anyone know when it will allow Androids? :(

• melissa says:

Much better than Endorse!!!! I gave up on Endorse…too many issues and too long to get even 1.00! (Although, the OLD endorse was awesome) I also like receipt hog app…but this one is much much better! Thanks for sharing :)

• Crystal says:

Is receipt hog worth doing? Hadn’t heard of it and the app store has mixed reviews with a lot of people saying they never got paid. Just wondering what your experience has been. Btw, I am asking Melissa, not Anthony or anyone else associated with Ibotta!

• Joy says:

Ugh! I can barely remember to do Shop Kick. How will I ever remember to do this one?

• lori kersh says:

what if you dont have a paypal?

• Sarah says:

Best money makers for me are Shopkick, Checkpoints (referral: homeschoolmom), Viggle, and AppTrailers (referral: royalarrow).

• ashley says:

hey if you are going to sign up i would appreciate you using my link http://ibotta.com/r/BbuXA Thanks! going to try ibotta this weekend when i go shopping!

• Bethany says:

I’m still a bit confused about how this works. Say I post the Capri Sun deal to Facebook and earn $1. Then I go to Target and buy a box of Capri Sun…then what happens exactly? Does $1 go into my PayPal account? I don’t have PayPal yet, so do I need to create an account before I shop? And is Paypal redeemable for cash or can it only be used for online purchases?

• Janel says:

Can’t wait to get an iphone so i can use all of these cool app’s.

• Kara B says:

I signed up for the Android waiting list and received an e-mail with the subject line: “See you in September!” Guessing they haven’t changed over their templates – hopefully one of the previous comments stating a November Android launch is accurate. This sounds like a great app and I don’t want to miss out much longer!

• Erin says:

Question : does anyone know how exactly this works? I ‘earned’ several products that i havent bought yet, and then i oinly bought one of the items on the list. I scanned the receipt and im trying to figure out what happens next, where will the money that i earned go? Also, do i need to ‘remove’ everything else on the list that I didnt buy?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !

• Crescent City Couponer says:

I’m looking forward to using this, but the app stalled the first time I shared via Facebook. Has anyone else had this issue (using iOS6 on a iPhone 4)?

• SteelersChick says:

• Jess says:

Am I correct in seeing that you have to have a minimum of $5.00 earned before you can transfer that money to your Paypal??

• Ashley says:

I just installed the ibotta app and was trying to get the offers. However when I click share on facebook I accidentally clicked don’t allow. But then I went to settings and corrected it and allowed ibotta to post on my behalf. I went back to the app and clicked share on facebook, it keeps saying unable to post. Can someone help me please?

• grace says:

Question: Is there a way to change your facebook posts from Ibotta to be private? I konw THEY want all my friends to know I’m using Ibotta, but I don’t. :) Usually, there’s a setting that says post to my wall but only make it visible to “me.” But I don’t see that option on this. Help?

• gqmama says:

I found the answer: Go to your Facebook privacy settings and edit the “app” section. I change most all my apps to “only me” so that my friends don’t have to see every coupon I clip. :)

• Crystal says:

You can – it’s been awhile, but I think I had to go into Facebook on my computer (not phone) and change it there in the app privacy settings. Mine definitely show up so that only I can see. I don’t think I was able to do it from my phone or from the app itself.

• Edward says:

Does anyone know how to get the app to work completely on an ipad2? The shopping list doesn’t show all the stores (namely CVS).

• Jeff Walker says:

I want scan the bar codes of the products I bought!!

• I have had money pending in my account for almost 3 weeks now that I cannot redeem. What do I do? The amount is over $25.00