*HOT* Ibotta iPhone App Launches at Rite Aid (+ New Users Get Free $5 Cash!)

WooHoo! The Ibotta iPhone app (one of my personal favorite apps!) just launched with Rite Aid! That means you can now earn cash when you purchase products at Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart and 17 other retailers!

And if you have yet to download and use this Ibotta app, now is your chance to do so and snag $5 cash. To qualify for the FREE $5 cash, you must sign up for an Ibotta account by clicking through this link and then you must redeem at least one successful offer from the Ibotta Product Gallery by uploading a receipt and receiving cash on your Ibotta account. What a great way to earn money to pay for stocking stuffers and even Christmas gifts.

To read more about how Ibotta works, click the link below “Read More / Post Your Comments”

Here’s how it works:

Head over here and download the Ibotta app for FREE (note that this app is currently only compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch – 3rd generation, iPod touch – 4th generation, iPod touch – 5th generation and iPad and does requires iOS 5.0 or later). Ibotta for Android users will be coming soon (you can head over here and click on the “Get on the List” link in the bottom left corner to be notified as soon as the Android version is available which will be no later than the end of this year!).

Before you head out to shop, browse through all the different offers. You’ll earn money by watching quick videos, viewing recipes, taking polls, posting to your Facebook Wall etc. AND then actually going to the store to purchase these specific items. Note that Ibotta works in every Rite Aid, CVS, Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and 17 other retailers in the United States and has plans to expand to even more retailers in the near future. The awesome part for all of us couponers, is that in addition to getting cash back on your purchases, you can also use manufacturer’s coupons to lower your out of pocket expense.

Be sure to check out the product detail page on the app itself in order to view the offer’s expiration date. Offers can sell out, so it’s important to redeem them before they’re gone!

After you make your in-store purchases, you’ll just need to upload your receipt via the Ibotta app. Ibotta will then verify your purchases and determine whether credit should be added to your account within 24 hours. In many cases, you will receive word from Ibotta in under 1 hour. It is super simple to upload your photo and money was added to my account within an hour. Very cool!

Once you’ve reached at least $5 in earnings, Ibotta lets you transfer your earnings directly to your PayPal account. Choose Withdraw Cash from the main menu of the app, then select Get My Cash to link Ibotta to your PayPal account. How awesome is that?!

If you’d rather opt to donate your earnings to your favorite school, you can make a donation to any school in America as soon as you’ve earned $1 with Ibotta. Just choose Withdraw Cash from the main menu of the app, then select Donate to Schools. Ibotta can use your current location to find nearby schools, or you can type in any zip code and pull up a list of schools in that area.

Be sure to tell Ibotta which offers you like and dislike by tapping the image of any product and choosing either thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Over time the app learns what kinds of products you prefer and offers them accordingly.

Also note that there is no limit on the number of offers you can redeem. Once you have successfully redeemed an offer, Ibotta immediately restocks your shelf with a new offer. The more offers you redeem, the more new offers you will see, and the more money you can earn.

(Thanks, Chrystal!)

• ashley says:

Yeah! Now I can use the app! :D

• Jennifer says:

Can you use an ipod to do this and send it when you are connected to wifi? Thanks!
    Jen

• Jennifer says:

I have been using this app for about 2ish weeks (since they sent out the beta android version if you signed up to be notified via email). So far it has worked really well. I love that you can get paid almost immediately via paypal once you get up to $5 of redeemed offers.

• Brenda H. says:

I’ve been using this app for a little bit now and I LOVE it!!! They have great customer service! I’ve earned a little over $50 so far and for things I would have normally purchased. It’s great for those items you don’t have a coupon for. When you cash out through pay pal the money is almost immediately put into your account. I cannot say enough great things about this app. :)

• Kim says:

Can someone please briefly explain how this app works? I have an iphone4. Thank you!

• Ciera says:

I have a iPhone4s and if see a product in the app that you’ve bought or plan on buying from one of the stores in the list you click on the product and complete the different tasks like posting a offer to Facebook, or watching a video, or answering a poll question to get between $0.25-$0.50 for each task and once you buy the item you click on the store you bought it from and upload your receipt and scan the barcode of the item you are redeeming nd once they verify you bought the right product they put the money in your account and when you are ready to cash out you can get the money sent to your Paypal account or I think you can get a check mailed to you. Also right now when you sign up using a referral link and redeem your first offer you get $5. Anyone is welcome to use my link to sign up. Thanks!

Sign up for Ibotta here: http://ibotta.com/r/UkPfKQ

• Lilo says:

Did not find rite aid or cvs on the store tab

• Tap the drop down tab in the upper left corner of the app, then choose “shopping list.” You’ll see the number of offers available for each participating retailer. Target, Walmart, CVS and Rite Aid are at the top of the list. I’ve posted a screen shot illustration on the Crescent City Couponers FB page – Facebook.com/CrescentCityCouponers.

• Taryn says:

What can you use PayPal on?

• holi says:

how do you upload the receipts? I am just worried about that….

• Michelle says:

My new-found favorite thing on the ibotta app is the shopping list function.

I really like how the shopping list easily shows you when an offer will expire! Sometimes an offer will run out before the expiration date, but at least you know the absolute last day the offer will be available to redeem.

The shopping list is a vertical scrolling list that is sorted into categories.
    A shopping list is created once you start completing the tasks for each offer. It’s a compilation of all offers you have completed tasks for.
    You can also email the list to yourself, or someone else.

Open the ibotta app
    Go to settings (the 3 lines in the upper left corner)
    Select Shopping List in the menu
    Pick your preferred store and a list will open of all the offers you have completed that are available at that particular store
    The “Email” button is in the upper right-hand corner

If you haven’t signed up for ibotta yet, you can still get your $5! And the app is very intuitive. Here’s my invitation link, if you’d like to sign up:

Happy Shopping! :-)

• christa says:

Shredded Wheat cereal will be a MM at Rite Aid for me now that it’s featured on iBotta!

Post Shredded Wheat Cereal 2/$5
    Use 2 $1/1 coupons
    Use the $1/2 coupon from the Rite Aid Flu Shot Coupon Booklet
    Pay $2
    Get a $2 +Up Reward when you buy 2 (limit 2 offers)
    Redeem $1/1 Shredded Wheat Cereal on iBotta
    Final Cost: $1 MM!

• Patty says:

I see a $1 for Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats on Ibotta, but no Post Shredded Wheat. Could you please double-check that it’s the right cereal?

• Picchu73 says:

I don’t see CVS in the store list.

• louie says:

I have an android phone and had requested an email for the app I have not received any yet. Would anybody send me the link of the beta version. That would be awesome .
    Thanks

• Libby B says:

Im lovin the ibotta app too! Super easy to use and i CAN scan at home with wifi too! Heres my link of anyone is interested…
    Sign up for Ibotta here: http://ibotta.com/r/T68CRg

• Sarah says:

I signed up with the link and never got my $5 credit. When does that come In?

• kristi says:

after you have completed your first purchase.

• Luann says:

Ok, I have used this App with no problems and even got $8.00 transferred to my PayPal. My one complaint/question is: they only give you new coupons to replace the ones you have used. But that’s only a few. The majority of them I will not ever be using so that limits the times I can use Ibotta. You sort of get stuck in a place. Does anyone know if they will shuffle the new coupons or release all new ones after a certain time – otherwise this will stop working. Thanks.

• Martina says:

Hi. i am an Ibotta android user as of Tuesday and loving it. If you signed up for the waiting list check you e-mail for the invite.

• Shilah says:

Surprised most people don’t know about this app. I’ve been using It for almost 2 months now. I love it! yes cvs is a store walmart krogers rite aid there’s 24 stores on the list. The android app will be released by the end of the year (per what ibotta has said). If you have questions look them up on facebook and they are very good about personally answering you back. Honestly I thought it was sketchy but I’ve saved 13$! They had a coupon for kool aid a while back for $1.75 and I bought it for $1.85 so I paid 10 cents for a box! :) I will add my link if anyone wants to sign up under me. I would appreciate it!

• Shilah says:

Sign up for Ibotta here: http://ibotta.com/r/ds6NQ

There is my link I would appreciate anyone signing up under me!

• Maddy says:

The list of my store doesn’t include CVS is that normal?

• Leslie says:

If you’re new to Ibotta, I would love it if you could use my link!

• Shimu says:

I don’t see riteaid. Can anyone tell me how do I find riteaid under ibotta

• Raquel says:

Works perfectly on my android, http://ibotta.com/r/vgsRTw

• Daniel says:

Hey can I use this app if I’m not from the usa, i’d try by entering my aunts zip code but it says invalid token